Sirius Satellite Radio / gutting news/public affairs programming

On Feb. 14, Sirius changed its programming as follows:

1. Dropped C-Span
2. Inserted sports programming on WRN (World Radio Network)
3. Dropped Discovery Channel
4. Dropped NPR programming: Marketplace & other current events programming.
5. Reprogrammed the 2 NPR stations to run programs over and over throughout a 24-hour period.

Subscribers were never given any means to complaint or to withdraw their subscriptions without penalty.

Sirius cannot claim to have non-advertising public affairs programming. I am filing a complaint with the FCC regarding this situation.

Comments

• Ta
      21st of May, 2008

I had a problem with a $30.00 mail in rebate with Sirius radio. On April 15, 2008 I purchased a Sportster 5 radio after seeing it was only $119.99 after mail in rebate. It was advertised on the Sirius website as $149.99 which was crossed out then under it showed -$30.00 mail in rebate, then showed "Your Price only $119.99!" It had a link to click on terms and conditions which simply stated "Purchase an eligible sirius radio prior to April 26, 2008. Activate at least 6 month Sirius subscription by May 9, 2008. Mail completed rebate form, receipt of radio purchase and original UPC code from box by May 26, 2008." I did all of this and even made copies for my own records and sent it via certified mail by May 1, 2008. On May 21, 2008 I received a card in the mail stating I did not purchase it from an eligible retailer and would not receive a rebate! How can they advertise it on their website as being this price then include in the middle of tiny print that you are only eligible if purchased from Target.com or WalMart.com? Why advertise "Your price" as the price including rebate on their website then? I was outraged! It seems like a scam to me! Then when I called to complain I received an excuse that the manager was about to go to a meeting and could not talk to me! Some customer service! I'll be sure to steer everyone I talk to away from Sirius!

• Ta
      21st of May, 2008

Another thing. When I went to leave a negative review on their website because of this it would not show up! Apparently only positive reviews are posted on their website! How dishonest!