Sirius Satellite Radio / stealing my $50 pre-paid gift card
I am a first time user of the Sirius satellite radio because it was given to me as a gift from my wife. She purchased the radio along with a $50 pre-paid gift card that was supposed to be applied to the first year contract price. I went online, created my account, activated the radio, and provided my credit card to pay the difference of the 1 yr contract. I check my account on the Sirius website and I see that the entire year contract was billed to my credit card, but the $50 pre-paid gift card is sitting in the account as a "credit" or negative balance.
I call customer service (obviously sub-contracted out of India) and ask for the $50 to be refunded back to my credit card. They told me the were unable to do this and that the $50 would be available if I wanted to purchase any other services or renew my contract next year.
This is unacceptable... I don't want any other products and I am not sure I would want another year of service. I called again. And same thing. I asked for a supervisor and I get disconnected.
I will keep trying to get my money back, but I see this as petty theift. The company obviously needs the $50 more than I do... I also contacted the Radio Shack where the radio and gift card were purchased and the manager said he would bring the issue up with his account manager from Siri.
My advice to everyone is don't bother with the pre-paid gift card. It really doesn't provide any value and just gives Sirius an easy way to unjustifiably KEEP you money.
A new frustrated customer, but not for long...
More Sirius Satellite Radio Complaints & Reviews
- Sirius XM - lifetime membership trap 
- Sirius Satellite Radio - consumers beware of sirius radio! 
- XM radio - Billed for services which never received! 
- Sirius Radio Canada - Poor service - illegal credit card charges 
- Sirius XM Radio - harassment 
- Sirius XM Radio - lifetime service scam
- Sirius XM Radio - lifetime subscription scam 
- SiriusXM - life time subscriber switching service to a new radio after 3 tries
- Sirius XM - xm radio service
- Sirius XM Radio - bait and switch selling practices