Sirius Radio / sirius radio billing practices

1 United States

I purchased a Sirius Radio for home.When setting up the account on the phone, I gave them my credit card for 3 payments and an activation fee. I specifically indicated on there "recorded" conversation, that I would not be responsible for any further charges and did not want any other services. I paid for 2 years in advance, of which I have not used a year. I received a call a week ago needing an updated credit card number in order to continue the prepaid service. Come to find out, they were charging me 299.00 a month for auto radio services which I do not have. They cancelled these charges, supposedly, from January 09- May 09. The charges for the three months in 2008 will not be refunded, eventhough I did not authorize the service or have the equipment. They will not even issue credit for the unauthorized payments. Now I am receiving emails stating that the prepaid service will be discontinued in 48 hours if I do not provide an updated credit card number. They misused the initial credit card number; Fortunately, it expired at the beginning of the year and now they are going to disconnect a pre-paid service because I won't trust them with another creidt card number.

Sl