Singapore Airlines / unsatisfaction of air-plan landing

With refer to the above subject, on 19th July 2006 at 17:00pm I was taking SIA Airline SQ116 back to Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur) for my 1 day business trip in Singapore. During the whole journey back to Malaysia I felt comfortable and satisfied with the environment and service from cruel members. All the while I was sitting next to window, 30minutes later cruel members announced that plan will be landing in the short while and I started to look out the window, few minutes later I noticed the air-plan landing with un-normal speed and finally heating the runway strongly and it was really a shock to me and also other passengers too. With my travel experience for so long, I did not experience pilots with these terrible and unprofessional air-plan landing skill before. In my thinking, I thought SIA Airline should be the world leading and quality airline but after all I feel unconfident with SIA anymore. I hope SIA Airline should consider provide proper training to all pilots in order for them to mature enough not only to handle the air-craft but also safety of passengers. Lastly, I hope this comment would be helpful for SIA Airline to win back customers confident towards SIA Airline.

Your attention in this matter would be much appreciated. Thank you.

A  13th of Aug, 2008 by
I've submitted a retro-claim over 4 months ago, which still hasn't processed into my account yet. All my subsequent email enquiries are not responded at all. Their customer services are rather shocking to me - No efficiency, nonfeasance and total lack of basic etiquette.

My complaints have been outstanding for quite a few months and still not been attended to yet. I am so regretful of joining Krisflyer at the first place also because it doesn't reward as much as other ones.
N  27th of Apr, 2009 by
This has nothing to do with SIA Pilots' skills. It could have been any airline in the world. The degree of a hard or soft touchdown depends on weather conditions and air traffic; winds, fog, clouds, the frequency of the traffic of the airport you approach and so on. If the aircraft was flying faster than you have registered before, I guess it's because of heavy traffic on the airport. It might for instance be an airplane behind you which is too close. That means that the aircraft you are sitting in has to speed up, and the one behind has to speed down to a minimum to avoid a go-around situation.

A hard landing might also occur if the wind condition on the runway is changing. Sometimes some aircraft hits a wind just before landing, and the "turbulence" makes a harder landing.

I think it is inappropriate to blame SIA for this happening.

Singapore Airlines Logo Singapore Airlines