Simmons Beautyrest / Beautyrest mattress is a lemon.

MI, United States Review updated:
I purchased a king size Simmons Beautyrest mattress set in Dec of 2006. Within about 5 months my husband and I both noticed that the mattress was starting to sag. We both had indents where we lay on the mattress. It took me a couple of months, but finally I got in touch with the retail store, Elder Beerman, and they sent a person out to my house to check the mattress.

By the way, both people who sleep in the bed weight less than 200 lbs. each.

Well, the mattress was recorded as having two indents over 2 inches deep on both sides of the bed. Unfortunatley for me, there was a small 4" x 4" stain-- I thought it was a coffe spil. Since there was a stain, the warranty was said to be void.

My advice to anyone out there, looking to buy a mattress. ** DO NOT PURCHACE A SIMMON BEAUTYREST. *** The advertisements are clever---with the bowling ball gimmic, but the mattress is a terrible quality.

Comments

Ja
  3rd of Oct, 2008
Your spelling is awful! And you Ma'am are a goon. It is very clearly spelled out in the warranty that you void the warranty if there are any stains. And I highly doubt it was a coffee stain (unless by coffee you mean your bowels are as unstable as your grasp of the english language). And if you say that both people in the bed are under 200lbs. that means you are probably 198. Therefore I would suggest to lay off the Alli as you are leaking you zilch. And ultimately this could have all been avoided if you had spent $19.98 on a mattress protector you cretin. Thanks and have a nice day!
Mi
  7th of Feb, 2011
I agree with this post, and Jack Mcallister, you are a pathetic clown for your comment. If you are going to post something like that at least provide some factual statements to go along with your dumbass attitude and condescending comments. Are you a simmons employee perhaps because your stupidity reminds me of my dealings with simmons customer support representatives. Anyway, I have wasted enough time on you so here is my simmons story. I bought a queen beautyrest on 9/28/07. The mattress started sagging around summer 2010. And Jack Mcallister, I also weigh less than 200 lbs also, and not 198 lbs either (I cant believe I have to post this stuff for an idiot like you). I contacted simmons on 1/17 and they scheduled an inspector to could out to look at the mattress. The inspector used a weighted string placed across the mattress with a ruler to measure the depression in the mattress. However, the inspector's tactics were very underhanded. He pressed down on the mattress but before he took the photos he talked to me about the acceptable numbers that simmons needs to see before they will consider the mattress defective. Then when he was done talking he took his pictures. Looking back on it now I cannot believe I did not catch this trick at the time. By the time he took the photos the depression number was at 1 3/8 inches, this is what he wrote in his report. Coincidentally simmons requires a minimum of 1.5 inches. So my mattress was off by 1/8 of an inch. If he had taken the picture without talking to me it would have easily ready 2.5 inches. After this I received a letter in the mail saying the claim was denied and the level of depression that we had was considered normal wear and tear BULL$*&$. I sent 4 emails to customerassistance@simmons.com requesting the contact information for a supervisor or manager with the warranty department, I never received a response. Today I called them and the customer service woman that I talked would not give me any contact information for a supervisor, she said I could leave a message and she would make sure it gets to the supervisor... yea right, I'm sure, just like my emails were replied to. Then she said that my warranty claim had already been denied and I could open a new claim again in 90 days but "I would just be wasting my time because that one would be denied too" ... those were her exact words. What a despicable company with despicable customer service reps. I am going to invest in a memory foam mattress as soon as I can afford one. I am also going to cut the pillow top off the simmons mattress and take video of what I am sure will be defective coil springs (which is the case with the majority of beautyrest complaints) and I will then post this video online. I have already submitted 2 BBB complaints and I am going to spend as much time as I can getting the word about about this garbage company and their products. I already told my story to 2 women at a sears department this past weekend and steered them away from buying a simmons mattress (they bought a stearns and foster instead). At least I know that by word of mouth I can get some level of satisfaction by informing others about this company, their horrible products and awful customer service.
Li
  11th of Feb, 2011
Mikeo6...You do not have to wait 90 days for a new inspection. You can take your own photos and measurements of the depression and submit it to Simmons Warranty department and also send a copy of their rejection letter and say that you disagree with the outcome. I just went through the same thing with my 2004 mattress with depression that wakes both my husband and I with severe back and side pain. I was just recently granted a new mattress and foundation and is in the process of choosing my new Simmons Mattress. It was 3 months of the run around, but prayer and faith, (Praise be to GOD) victory is mine...GOOD LUCK!
Be
  16th of Nov, 2011
I purchased a Simmons, Beautyrest Classic, King mattress set and frame, on April 23, 2008, at the Elder Beerman in Beavercreek OH. I have gone through the same complaint process as you have regarding deep impressions and sagging. I contacted Elder Beerman Customer Service in October 2011, they stated that they had no record of the purchase. Fortunately, I had copies of all the documentation and all the required tags were still attached to the mattress. The inspection was scheduled for October 15, 2011. I had to request a copy of the report via email. A week later, I received a call stating that the impressions (rolling hills) were normal wear. I called the salesperson at Elder Beerman and explained my concern - I was referred to the Elder Beerman Customer Service Department in IL, once again. When I spoke with the Elder Beerman Customer Service Representative, 800-420-4491, regarding my disagreement with the inspection results, she stated that I have to wait 6 months before resubmitting a complaint. This morning, after frustration with the complaint process, I just happened to do a web search for "Simmons mattress complaints" and read your postings. Thank you for sharing your experience regarding Simmons mattress and customer service issues. My next step is to take my own pictures and measurements of the impressions and resubmit my complaint to Elder Beerman and Simmons as suggested by Lybra_lyric, Feb2011 posting. I feel strongly that the poor quality of my Simmons Beautyrest mattress is the problem. Since I travel on business 40% to 50% of the year, technically the mattress held its form for less than 2 years.
  5th of Aug, 2015
Well, you can read more here http://reviewkid.com/beautyrest-recharge-montano-luxury-firm-mattress-set-queen/

Simmons Bedding Company Logo Simmons Bedding Company