Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. / scam and con

1 Canyon Lake, TX, United States Review updated:

My name is Mike Read, LCDC(Ret), USMC(Ret). I am looking for some Silverleaf Resort, Inc. owners or anyone who has visited and would be interested in helping my wife and I by sharing your experience with us. I retired from the Marines at the age of 18(TDRL until full retirement in April of 1969). I was shot in the head with an AK-47 on 7Nov1966. I have been wounded several other times in Combat. As a result, I am confined to a wheelchair. I was told by Silverleaf sales personnel in 1993 that I would have no difficulty getting around my unit because some of the units were constructed for all handicapped persons and if there were problems, they would “take care of it”. Each time I complained, a manager would tell us that it(whatever the problem was) would be fixed before my next annual vacation.
To make a long story short, it has been lie after lie. I had limited access to the shower, toilet, and sink. I had no access to the kitchen, Jacuzzi, and any of the
amenities’ that non-handicapped people enjoy such as swimming, parking, mini-golf and anything else has been very difficult. For example, for me to get into be requires my wife of 34 years has to bend over and let me put my arm around her shoulder and we move upward(I have limited movement in my legs standing) and literally have to fall into the bed. Getting out was even more of a nightmare. We both finally got fed up after spending thousands of dollars on upgrades until we have a Presidential Suite, (and please don’t think we are rich). We hired an attorney that might be able to help us set this right. We’re not looking for anyone to help with money or get involved in this suit, but we need your name and number to avoid arbitration. This may not even be necessary, but to be on the safe side.
I have had it with big corporations taking advantage of anyone, much less combat wounded veterans. It’s time Silverleaf paid the price for their hard line “screw you” policy. It’s time for us “little people” to take a stand. I gave up my life for this country, and I think we should be treated fairly, no more, no less! If you are serious, please email me or call the house at [protected], my cell at [protected]. Thank you so much for your help. I’ll supply you with much more information when we talk.

Respectfully,
Mike Read, LCDC(Ret), USMC(Ret)

Ml
Apr 9, 2013

Comments

• Ti
      18th of Jun, 2013

First off, yes I am trolling. But for a good reason. We have worked as timeshare fraud investigators for a long time. And one scam that get me is the resale scam. You pay 600 bucks up front to "sell" your timeshare and the only time you hear from the listing agent is when it's time to pay him more money. So we are putting together a resale page where you pay $59.90 a year to list your timeshare. The only promises are buyers will find it and when a buyer contact us and we make sure that person is legit, we put the buyer and seller in contact. That's it no fees, no commission. $59.90 a year. And because we are new the first 100 pay $59.90 until it sells, no matter how long it takes. At least check us out at www.timeshareoffers.blogspot.com