Silverleaf Resorts / Don't trust them!

If you go and sit through the 90mins and view the property you will see it is not well maintain the cabin that we were shown were dirty and smelled old and mouldy that should be a clue not to buy a real bad place and spirit incentives is a joke. you need to write the dates you want to travel first then when you get the dates they try to tell you to pay more and update the package if you take the non update you are put in a low rate hotel that is not very nice for a animal to stay someone needs to report silverleaf and stop them from this.

Br

Comments

• Fr
      13th of Aug, 2009

My wife and I own two weeks of Silverleaf rip offs.

We initially got in at the low level when they took up on a tour and showed us the two room lock out at hill country. It was inexpensive enough and we thought it would be worth it for the bonus time. We used our first bonus time about 3 months later and were put in a small cabin that was old and falling apart. When we asked the front desk what was going on because we thought we bought the lockout they said no we bought the cabin.

So we up graded to the lock out.

The next few times we used the place it was ok. We did have a difficult time getting in. My wife would call 14 days in advance only to find out all the rooms were filled. Time and again 14 days in advance all the rooms were filled. So we could barely use our time.

So we upgraded to the diamond presidential the biggest room on their property. I was told I would be put on their priority list and would have first choice. The three or four times I tried to use it I was given the lock out. When I asked why they said the rooms had been traded.

So I went over to the building with the Presidentials and noticed 90% of the rooms were vacant. What's up with that? The explanation was that these rooms had been traded to RCI or another timeshare pool and could not be used.

What? I paid for something I can't use? The explanation was bogus and nothing but lies.

I'm ready to sell this timeshare and get out from underneath it's money grubbing annual fees. They don't provide what they say.

I was asked to go to a meeting in Hill Country for a $150 debit card. I went then the sales lady told us they have the 'platinum' upgrade. I told her to stuff it where the sun didn't shine and to give me my $150 dollars and I'll be on my way. I told her if she couldn't guarantee that I could use the property I had purchased during my bonus time that I didn't want to have anything to do with these liers.

She told me, if I didn't sit through the entire meeting they couldn't give me the money. I told her there was nothing in their ruse to get me up there that stated that. She refused. I called the HQ and told them I want my money and to never again bother me with these meetings unless they could guarantee I could use the room I bought during a bonus time just once. They gave me the same bs.

Silverleaf is a rip off. You really won't use the property enough to really enjoy it. Most of their properties are so far off the beaten path you can enjoy the out doors but it's not someplace to use if you intend to travel around and visit any metropolitian areas without having to trek 30 to 60 miles out of the way.

It's a great idea but the management at sliverleaf needs to change their attitude. I'm putting my week at hill country up for sale. I have a week at Brandson which I can still use my bonus time at hill country anyway.

They don't call me any more with their bogus updates and they have taken the last penny from me. If I have problems with Branson I'm selling that one.