Shoprite / rude and disrepected

New Paltz
I went to buy some food for my apartment. This Shoprite accepts the local university fincinal aid dollars as payment. When I went to pay I stood there for 15mins while they customer service manager, Catherine, tried to run it through. Then after 15mins. she came back over and said that it was not working and that I could not use that. It was the only form of payment I had and I just spent over 1 hour shopping and almost as long waiting to get checked out. The whole time she was talking to me she was rude and DID NOT have the type of customer service you would expect from a "Customer Service manager". I then asked her to get the store manager. This tall doofy guy, Dominic, came over WITH SECURITY to tell me the same thing as the other lady. I found it comical and laughed when I asked who the guys were and found out they were some RENT-A-COPS. It was embarassing and there was no reason to have brought security over. I explained to him that you accept this form of payment, why am I not being allowed to use it. He said they could not get it to work...How is that my problem????? They did not try other means ie contacting the school to see what else they could do etc. Also they copied my information down from my student ID, which was absoultely unnecessary!!! An official complaint was filed with Shoprite 1800 number and I will prusue this till I feel the sistuation is rectified to my statification.

Shoprite Holdings Logo Shoprite Holdings