Shoppers Drug Mart / pharmacist rude and unempathtic behaviour

Windsor, ON, Canada

Hi there, my name Is Rachel Smith and I am submitting a complaint on how I was treated at Shoppers Drug Mart store #0761 located at 7720 Tecumseh rd east. I called to speak to the pharmacist on Sunday May 7th at about 3:30pm. I had recently received a phone call that my prescription was due and that I was out of refills. I still had some pills left at that time but knew that I needed to make an appointment with my doctor to get more refills as I have been on this medication for years. They told me on the phone that if I did not get my refills before I ran out, that the pharmacist would be able to help me out with a refill till I could see my doctor. So when I called today(May 7th) the pharmacist (she did not give me her name) was extremely rude to me. I am not very good at taking my medication due to forgetting. Not a good excuse, I know, but when I get really ill and so dizzy I can not stand I start taking them better. I also have had money issues for the last while and have not always been able to afford them. The pharmacist told me that she could not help out people who do not take their medication properly. I really do understand that policy as much as I don't like it, it is my own fault for not taking it the right way or not having the money for them. My issue is how I was treated on the phone. In that profession, they are supposed to have customer service as well as caring and empathy for the patients. I feel like I was treated like a drug addict. She said I could go to a clinic to get a refill and sounded nice for one second, but then she said bye and hung up on me. How does she know that I am not a very depressed person and that could have just put me into a downward spiral. I don't know what she might be going through and she does not know what I am going through, but I would never treat anyone like this. I got physically sick to my stomach and cried. The medication is for hot flashes because I had to have a hysterectomy at a young age. I was not for a narcotic or anything so I am really having a difficult time finding a reason for her to treat me like that not only in what she said but also in her tone. I am not able to see my doctor until the 11th. But when I do, I will be taking my business to a different pharmacy. I know that I am only one customer that you are losing but if this pharmacist continues to treat others the way she treated me, then I can foresee you losing many more customers.
Sincerely,