Shop.mlb.com / fraud and scam

My 13-year-old son saved his money to buy a 'customized' Tampa Bay Rays T-shirt. It was considered 'customized' because he chose the last name GARZA (as in pitcher Matt Garza) from a drop-down box of Rays players. He ordered a Medium (size 10/12), which is what he typically wears. And, according to the size chart on shop.mlb.com, he fell well within the height and weight range for the 10/12 size.

The T-shirt arrived, and it was more like a size 6/8 (although it did say M on the tag). The shirt wouldn't even go over his head.

Although I understood that shop.mlb.com has a no-return policy for 'customized' items, I thought sure they would allow me to return the item and replace it with the 'right' size once I explained the situation.

After explaining my predicament a couple of times to no avail, I finally got to a supervisor on my third call. I was shocked and amazed when I was told that the MOST they could do for me was offer 25% off my next order. My next order? HA!

The supervisor would not escalate my call and put all the blame on the T-shirt vendor. When I asked for the name and number of the T-shirt vendor, he would not give it to me. He basically did NOTHING for me, even after I threatened to cancel another existing order and never return to his site again.

$36.99 was a ripoff for a T-shirt to begin with, but my son really wanted it and paid for it with his own money. To get double ripped off with NO recovery whatsoever on shop.mlb.com's part makes me sick and angry. We basically are stuck with a shirt that won't even fit the dog.

Buyer beware at shop.mlb.com! I would tell the world if I could. Thanks for listening.

A  8th of Jun, 2009 by
same thing happened to me. I had also ordered a small for my younger son, and the M and S shirts were identical in size. In my case, they offered to replace it but of course this required a trip to the post office and several phone calls with long waits. When the replacement came, it was again the same size. Now they are offering to replace it again and promise to check in with with vendor but we'll see. They will not expedite the shipment or do anything to show that they understand things from my frustrated point of view. This is not a company that cares at all about its customers.
A  4th of Apr, 2016 by
BUYER BEWARE is right! Last week the MLB Shop was advertising items for MLB Opening Day as "ships no later than April 1st". I placed an order in good faith. MLB Shop charged my credit card, but did NOT ship the item. After multiple email and telephone inquiries, they claimed to have issued a refund which was NOT sent to my bank. This is credit card fraud. BEWARE! Shop competitors. Do NOT shop this site!

MLBShop.com / Fanatics Retail Group North Logo MLBShop.com / Fanatics Retail Group North
8100 Nations Way