Shopko / theft & fraud

I brought my daughter to Shopko Optical the evening of 8 Jan. 2011 for an eye exam and to see what they offered for eyeglasses. A set of eyeglasses were selected and we were told that a week would be required for the eyeglasses to be produced. I returned home and made some telephone calls to other optical businesses and found that the same product could be purchased for $30 less. I called Shopko Optical the next morning and cancelled the eyeglasses. I returned to Shopko Optical on 18 Jan. 11 to purchase the glass frame off the display that my daughter liked and told Shopko Optical that I had cancelled the eyeglasses nearly immediately. I was disturbed that the eyeglasses were still an issue! I went to another optical product vender on 20 Jan. 2011, only to find out that Shopko Optical had fraudulently billed the insurance for eyeglasses and used all the benefit. THIS IS THEFT AND FRAUD BY SHOPKO OPTICAL! These criminals billed the insurance immediately, took $124.00 out of my account, without the sale of a product. There is no excuse for this behavior. I will be making a complaint to the police department later today and take other actions. DO NOT SHOP AT SHOPKO OR THEIR OPTICAL DEPARTMENT

Mm

Comments

• Al
      1st of Feb, 2011

they put the order in as soon you place the order - not their fault you compare prices AFTER you make a purchase. its the way of the world with insurance - shame on you for not being proactive.

• Ki
      30th of Mar, 2011

so you are angry that you changed your mind and found it cheaper. you wasted the sales staff's time. as soon as a patient leaves my office there selection is put into there insurance companies data base wrapped up and shipped out the same day to the insurace companies lab. I would say they were doing there job very well that day and fast. your insurance company has so many rules and reg. you have no idea.