Sheraton / Starwoodnew york times square reservation overcharge

I will be attending a conference at the sheraton new york times square hotel in march 2017. The group is agpa. The brochure says the room rate for reservations made before november 30th, 2016 was $239.00 and beginning december 1, 2016 and after the rate was to be $259.00 I called on december 11, 2016. At that time I was told the rate was $285.95 and that was the only rate available and it was completely non-refundable and there were no rooms for any rate that were refundable.
In recent conversations with agpa, they told me that sheraton is in error that they had negotiated the $259.00 room rate to hold up to and including the dates of the conference. However, they told me that even though I was mislead they needed me to be in touch with you as I had booked a nonrefundable room as I had been told all rooms were nonfundable although this was not correct.
In these times of alternate facts, I hope that sheraton/starwood can take the high road and apply the truth and apply the $259.00 rate to which I was entitled. It is a small thing but truth and reliability mean a lot to this organization of which I have been a long time member.
Elaine klionsky, j. D., ph. D., inc.
Confirmation number [protected]
Please advise me of your action. I will forward this to my attorney and your legal department if I do not hear back from you.

Ej