Shaw Tv Calgary / Poor Attitudes & Poor Service

Calgary, Alberta, Canada Review updated:
We have the most expensive monthly package that you could possibly purchase from Shaw TV and yet we can not record most of their movies to watch later as they have a 'code' preventing you from recording. Even though we are 'purchasing' these movies every single month we can not watch them as they are on at 3 in the afternoon or 3 in the morning and so we try and record them to watch at our leisure but Shaw forbids this!

Now get this, we CAN record them if we purchase a recorder from Shaw for $750.00 that is good for nothing but recording their movies! What a pile of crap, they tell us they are copyright protected by someone else and that is why we can't record them with our own recorder but we can record them if we pay another $750.00 to purchase their recorder!

Does this not smell like a monopoly to you? Does this not smell like the beginning of a class action lawsuit against Shaw TV to you?

Don

Comments

Br
  18th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Shaw has nothing to do with this. these "codes" are set by the TV broadcasters. I am guessing you are trying to record on a Media Centre PC, or something similiar? I experiance the same thing with my Media Centre PC. I am able to record Shaw's channels using other 3rd party pvr software. Most of which are free to download. I can't using Microsoft's media centre software.

I also subscirbe to Shaw's most expensive package and have no problems recording anything. BTW< Shaw's HD PVR is only $398.00. This was the price I paid back in November.

It is funny how people love to blast companies when they know nothing about the actual problem they are having. Maybe a little research would have cleared this up for you.
Ga
  9th of Mar, 2009
Why on earth would you defend a company that doesn't give a rats ### about anything but money. You talk as if this company cares about you defending their business when we all know that in Calgary money talks and if you don't have enough money then you don't have enough friends because this city is so shallow in thought and more stupid when it comes to building anything worth going to see.Have you seen the Calgary Zoo? It's a big joke and whithin one hour you could walk through everything they have there and left looking for something to do. Please stop trying to sound so defensive unless your willing to shut up and take some constructive critisism. because the rest of Canada has is having a party while the people in Calgary are working to hard to keep up with the selfish a-holes that think of nothing but money and profit.

Shaw Communications Logo Shaw Communications