Sharaf DG / accessories not provided

Dubai, United Arab Emirates Review updated:

hi,
I had gone for visit in Dubai, and purchased 3D tv in Sharaf DG store, Dierra Dubai.
The sales person told me that the 3D glasses are inside the TV box. I bought the TV to India and to my surprise, the glasses were not there. I sent mail informing this to Sharaf DG, they informed me that the glasses were out of stock and informed me to tell any of my friend to collect it. So one of my friend had gone last week, but they informed that concerned person was on holiday, there were no stock ...bla bla bla... and did not give him the glasses. he also came back to india now. so i requested them to courier me the glases, but they are not replying on this. One thing i came to know that even though they have great reputation, still I was cheated by SHARAF DG... dont buy any product from them... after sales is disgusting. Attached copy of invoice for reference.
Thanks

Sharaf DG

Comments

• Du
      Mar 10, 2013

It is really frustrating to know that the same issue of "sub zero" customer service is going on and on and we are in 2013 and nothing is done seriously about it.
    I bought a laptop January 2013, Few days after purchase it started having some strange issues, took it to service, before even seeing the device the guy says: "but you have to pay 200dhs if it was a software issue!!", I said please inspect it first and we'll see, they returned it a few days after formatting and reinstaling windows, solved 3 problems (dvd, touchpad, and windows) and charged me 200dhs for their faulty laptop. Story didn't end there, as I had to take it 3 times to service afterwards and every single time the guy doesn't even listen to my explanation about the problem, I took a vedio and sent it to his management but still no response at all. I called the customer service and he tells me we can't help you and you gotta go to the store! I go to the store almost every other day for 2 months now and nothing happens, I can't use the laptop (Sony Vaio AED4, 300 worth) and they are not replacing it or refunding the purchase. I raised a case with DED (Dubai Economic Development) and going to eventually went to court and will start and official case today and still no one from SharafDG is even bothering to call me back! Even they don't have any service call or complain number and everytime I have to spend 30 minutes on the phone explaining the entire issue. I am not interested in the laptop or money anymore and all what I want is to see Dubai clean from such crappy traders.

Dubai is a great city and really cares for consumer rights, such careless players should not stay in business for that long!

Will keep you posted with the legal case updates.

• Wa
      Dec 01, 2013

i hot a camera on 11 November 2013. sharaf dg in city center. it was 6oo AED. after that my friend got that same camera for 350 AED.
    it is wB30FWHT this name of the camera.but the same day i try to take some photos.it doesn't work..the problem is familiar hardware
    the customer as nothing to do with that. after 3 day i spoke to Umar Asharf( staff) he said to me they will repair and call me back.and also he mention at anytime i can go for another option rather im taking the same camera for 600AED i can buy 350 for outside another shops.we was clear on that. after 3 week they call me camera is ready. 30 of November i speak Tilini( srilankan lady) but she said she doesn't't have any idea about this camera however i cant exchange.

My question is ---is this what cheating customer. or ????? my camera with with them now.

• Sk
      May 01, 2014

Do not buy any items from Sharaf DG. Customer service staffs are all surprisingly poor without any manner, not educated, not trained and bad attitude to customers. I had the same experience. I purchased a sony vaio laptop by home delivery. Sony free carry case should be included since there's a description in the box. I searched everywhere in the box, but I couldn't find it. I called up, the first staff said that if it was not on the bill, no free case and he intentionally cut the call. The second staff asked my mobile number, name, bill number, then he just said it was not on the bill and the call was disconnected during the conversation. I didn't receive any call although he had my number. The third staff, he said that I had to speak to the City Center shop directly, not to the customer service. He said he would let the shop call me. Of course, I haven't received any call. This is horrible Sharaf DG experience. I'm 100% sure if your newly purchased items have some problems, you will be suffering a lot. Better to go for other shops with good after service care even if the price is higher.