Service Magic / Fraudulent charges!

1 14023 Denver West ParkwayGolden, CO, United States Review updated:
Phone: Toll Free: (877) 947-3639

I signed with Service Magic appx. one year ago offering my services as a real estate appraiser. After I went a "rigorous" and extensive check to verify my credentials which cost me $50.00 I was so "pleased" that I was "accepted". Two "qualified" leads (as they call them) later from two unscrupulous mortgage brokers made me think that this company doesn't care at all about the consumers but in fact they are in it just for the money. I explained Magic "professional team" that I am not going to loose my license hitting a pre-determined value for some ### mortgage brokers and I am not willing to pay for unqualified leads. Well guess what ? According to a Magic Service email I have received today my account has been terminated and sent to a collection agency. Now what is this ? Is this how honesty is treated today ? Haven't we seen enough of the devastating effect caused by fraud ? I am disgusted and nothing is going to stop me to spread the word around about this immoral, unethical company which is Service Magic.

George.

Comments

• Li
      21st of Jun, 2011

They are unethical, and unscrupulous. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM, they are still calling our home. Of course, I don't answer!!!

• Cn
      14th of Sep, 2011

I have not used them. However, I did get a call from them today using the number 913-529-2784, which I searched google for and ended up here on this site. I'm glad I did.

I thought the person on the phone was quite rude to me to start with. When I told them I did all my own PR, web and advertising, so I was not in need of their service, she said "Well, we'll just call your competitors then." I said "thank you" (LOL), and hung up the phone.

Then I wanted to see what I found about the rude company, so I searched their number. Thank you for all this information.

CNC

• Dj
      3rd of Oct, 2011
    Service Magic - Defamation of Character
    ServiceMagic.com
    California

Cancelled account with ServiceMagic.com and they continue to advertise using my business name with their website and phone number.

• Sm
      4th of Oct, 2011

Good morning DJulien -

I apologize that your experience led you to cancelling your account and that your exact match listing has not been fully removed. When your account is cancelled, it can take some time to be removed from the search engines; we have to wait for each one to do a web crawl update. I sent your information over to one of our representatives to help you. If you have any questions, please contact me directly at 303.963.8066 mblack[at]servicemagic.com.

Mandy Black

• Jc
      13th of Oct, 2011

• Jc
      20th of Oct, 2011

Don't bother calling them back. They will only sweet talk you into doing nothing and tell you that they are really not responsible to stealing your business from you. This is called business piracy and it is illegal for one business entity to be stealing business from another business entity using unethical and devious means. You have to do something about this or they will just continue to raid potential business using your name that you have worked so hard to build.

At last, the ball is moving and attorneys in Washington are working on investigating Service Magic for their unethical practices. I had one call me the other day wanting all kinds of information about them- facts, figures, people I spoke to, the business arrangements, and dates. He said to send him any further legitimate evidence of business fraud and deceit that may have been committed by this corporation. Richard Toikka with Farkas & Toikka in Washington. DIR 202.337.7802Please don't call to just wine and complain about them. He wants facts, figures, and clear cut evidence that can be used in court.

• La
      5th of Nov, 2011

I haven't yet registered with them, but I have received a phone call 3 days ago while working at a job site. The caller made me believe that he was a potential client looking at engaging my services. I said that at that particular moment I could not talk but that I would be available toward the end of the business day to discuss the matter. He did not call me as agreed. I then decided to called him and left him a voice mail message explaining that I would try to make myself available on the following morning although morning time is normally bad for me because I work and I cannot concentrate on calls. He called me again on the following morning catching me again unprepared. He asked for my contractor license number, date of birth and social security number indicating that it was his company policy to run a background check before proceeding with a contractual agreement with me. This is done quite often and is not uncommon, but then he asked for my credit card number and explained what his company (Service Magic) exactly does. I did not have the card at hand, and I told him to call me back another time. I believe he wants to finalize the deal next week. My question is: has everyone gone thorough the same procedure? I mean: has Service Magic asked for all this personal information to everyone, and has Service Magic stolen identities? Their Internet site shows their privacy policies, and how they guard the information, but one never knows.

• Th
      28th of Feb, 2012

I must thank all of you for taking the time to post your experiences with service magic as I was thinking of using them. Fortunately I found this site (as well as numerous others) that sold me on not doing business with them and thereby saved me the loss and frustration that so many of you speak of! Thanks Again!

• Up
      2nd of Jun, 2012

You contractors whine too much... see it from the consumer's point of view. When we set up the search for pros to fix our broken down homes, we put in the best descriptions we can without being knowledgeable of the contractor lingo. Then service magic's database uses the keywords to find the best pros for the job in our zip code area. Today I got three pros for choices. As I can not nor do I NEED three contractors to do ONE job ... I have to choose by having them come and convince me that they can do the best job for the best price without padding the price. It's up for bids, literally. If my Uncle Norris was still alive he'd do all of my home repair for free and even add stuff just because he is a proud worker and loved his profession. Old homes need just as much love and more care than new homes ... you all should be ashamed of yourselves. One of you said you only get the crack house jobs... shameful that you say such things... shameful.

• Ww
      20th of Jun, 2012

Check out www.bidproconnect.com, it is a 100% FREE WAY TO FIND LOCAL LEADS!! As a Project Professional, No more paying for leads, no monthly subscriptions, no hidden costs or fees. Unlimited access! Exposure to thousands of projects with no limit to number of leads, bids, or awarded jobs. With no limitations, BidProConnect allows you to be as successful as you want to be. Everything you need to find leads, communicate, bid, and be awarded jobs all in one convenient location! No need to leave your home or office, everything you need is right at your finger tips. Did I say it is free? A free place for you to advertise your business with no hidden costs or paid upgrades.

As a client, you are able to post your project, add photos, a description, upload documents, set a closing date, communicate with new project professionals through forums and direct messages, view bids and award your project to the best project professional for your job. In addition, you can also search and filter through project professionals in your area, view their information, reviews, photos, credentials, documents, and invite the project professionals you like to bid on your project! BidProConnect gives you an easy way to find project professionals in your area, and also gives project professionals an easy way to find you, all in one place. Completing your project just got a whole lot easier!

Check it out, www.bidproconnect.com!

• Wi
      23rd of Sep, 2012

i am a lic. ca. contractor who has had the same experience and the same complaints you read about with service magic aka home adviser, i have also had to close my credit / atm card and will have to deal with a collection agency wanting to collect money for phone number or lead's that don't exist, I took the time to look at who own's service magic, it is a company called i a c. If you google i.a.c. click on the iac, you will see all of the company's they own including servicemagic . i found it interesting they own a lot of dating service co. ect. pretty much scam company's, you will also find service magic in small print. now go back to google and click on (about i.a.c.) click on management, take note of last name's ect i found it quit interesting. now go back to the top of the page and click on the board of directors, look at how is #5 on the list. google that name and see who she is married to, now the interesting part. google the husband;s name then google the father, look at the bottom of the wiki page, he has quit a history. it seems the whole company is is run by a bunch of liars and scam artists and they probably own the collection agency and the phone numbers that they sell as lead's. ( who know's what else ) They have a lot of power and money behind them, that got a lot stronger with the new kid on the block. make's you wonder ? it's bad enough home owner"s get bad advise ? ect. who they could give a dam about, or the lic. & unlic. contractors. From the very bottom ( lead's) to the very top it"s all about making money from the middle class.(both side's) this whole scam needs some good exposure. I don't know how to do it but somebody must, there are a lot more people out there who are going to lose good money to pay overpaid corp. salaries.They have no mercy and a lot of greed.

• Wa
      4th of Dec, 2012

yes... i joined service magic and thought this might work for me. well just like alot of you this was a scam. I got 14 leads and not one worked out...One lady told me that she has never heard of service magic (home advisor) and to off her property...They said that would give me a credit for this...No i was still chared for it...Now im getting phone calls from a collection agency saying that i owe them over $600.00 ... WE ALL NEED TO SUE THEM... File your complaints with your state board of consumers and the B.B.B...Lets put them out of work and get (us) that have a legit busienss for over24 years, back to work for someone that CARES about the real working family...Anyone out there that has been SCAMMED...Service magic or so-called Home Advivors...Please VOICE your Anger ...GOD BLESS AMERICA

• Mi
      4th of Mar, 2015

They are relentless in their pursuit to, "snag you in". Okay, so after many conversations with them over the phone..they got me! The 8 months go by with disappoint after disappoint. Oh, and let me not forget to mention loss of time and money. I have been on many of erroneous estimates;text message Hassel's from people texting me or calling me about fake leads.Can not some adults get a life?! I have wasted fuel and business time.They have charges me unknowingly at times too. Leave any messages regarding your displeasure? "A slow boat to China will get you there faster". In conclusion: Do not let there superficial customer service fool you. This company is, " a sheep in wolves clothing". The worse business experience I have ever had.,