Menu

complaints

Powellandsons Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
14 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with Powellandsons at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
File a complaint
Verify
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Powellandsons. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Powellandsons complaints 14

Sort by:

Newest Powellandsons complaints

C
7:26 pm EDT

Powellandsons Their quote in under 2 minutes [censored]

You look up a service in your area and they come up saying quote in under 2 minutes and you put in your info and they say we are unable to process your request at this time and we’ll pass the info to one of our partners and you never get your quote. It doesn’t matter what service you put in they come up from concrete work to landscaping to dick sucking there name comes up. Shiesty mother [censored]ers.

Desired outcome: Get them [censored] off the internet with their bs

2:16 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Powellandsons Powellandsons.com: A Shady Website Selling Your Info to Homeadvisor

I gotta tell ya, Powellandsons.com is a real piece of work. They're out here taking your info and requests for help and selling it off to Homeadvisor like it's no big deal. It's downright dishonest if you ask me.

And don't even get me started on their website. It's so misleading, it's a wonder they haven't been shut down yet. And if you try to delete your info from their system, good luck. Their privacy form is a joke and doesn't even work. I mean, what kind of operation are they running over there?

I did a little digging and found out they use this software called One Trust. I'm pretty sure they're purposefully not allowing you to delete your info. It's like they want to keep it for themselves or something.

Honestly, this is war. We need to band together and take down these shady websites that think they can just do whatever they want with our personal information. It's time to fight back and protect our privacy.

L
12:33 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Powellandsons Unsatisfactory Experience with Powellandsons and Easy Appliance Repair: Overpriced and Unresolved

I recently had an experience with Powellandsons (powellandsons.com) that left me feeling quite frustrated. I had an issue with my washer and was referred to their subcontractor, Easy Appliance Repair, by a man named Mike Cordell. Unfortunately, my experience with them was not a positive one.

First of all, I was charged a whopping $250 for just an hour's worth of work. I felt like I was being taken advantage of, especially since the issue with my washer was not even fully resolved. To make matters worse, when I tried to stop payment on my check, Mike claimed that he had already cashed it. However, when I checked with my bank, they said that no such check had come through yet.

After reading through some other reviews, it seems that I am not alone in my frustration with Powellandsons. Many others have also reported feeling scammed and taken advantage of. What's more, I never even received a receipt for the work that was done - all I have is the stop payment check that I sent to my bank.

Overall, I would not recommend Powellandsons or their subcontractor, Easy Appliance Repair, to anyone. The prices are exorbitant and the service is subpar at best. Save yourself the headache and find a different company to work with.

Is Powellandsons legit?

Our verdict: After an exhaustive investigation, Complaints Board has identified Powellandsons as exhibiting significant legitimacy concerns, categorically indicating it's not legit. Engaging with Powellandsons is strongly discouraged, highlighting a substantial risk to users' personal and financial security. Do not provide any information. Report any suspicious activity to the relevant authorities.

Powellandsons earns 8% level of Trustworthiness

Critical Trust Alert: Complaints Board reveals Powellandsons as a scam with only 8% ligitimacy. Strongly advised against interaction.

With only 0% of 20 complaints being resolved, Powellandsons slow complaint resolution rate suggests poor service, lack of responsiveness, or a lack of helpfulness, causing frustration to users. It is obvious that the company has the lowest level of trust.

Exercise caution when using powellandsons.com as it may have lower quality content or a poor user experience, leading to fewer visitors and lower traffic.

Powellandsons protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.

Complaints Board has received reports that the website may be a possible fraud. To protect yourself, consider using a different website. If you find that the website is indeed fraudulent, report them to us, to help protect other consumers.

We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Powellandsons. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• The age of Powellandsons's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.
  • Powellandsons.com has a valid SSL certificate, while Scammers can obtain a valid SSL certificate by using fake information or by using a stolen or hijacked domain. In some cases, they may even use a certificate issued to another legitimate website.
  • Our scan shows Powellandsons website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.
  • Powellandsons.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.
  • Powellandsons as a website that uses an external review system. While this can provide valuable feedback and insights, it's important to carefully evaluate the source of the reviews and take them with a grain of salt.
N
12:05 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Powellandsons Unsatisfied with Powellandsons.com's Job Leads: Irrelevant and Costly

I gotta say, I ain't too happy with Powellandsons.com. They keep sending me job leads that ain't got nothin' to do with what I do. Like, I ain't no sprinkler system guy, ya know what I mean? And it ain't just me, neither. Angi keeps chargin' me for these bogus leads, and I know it's comin' from Powell and Sons 'cause the customers tell me so. It's a real pain in the you-know-what, and I ain't gonna take it no more.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Powellandsons Beware of Powellandsons.com: Deceptive Roofing Company in San Diego

Powellandsons (powellandsons.com) is a company that claims to be the "Best Roofers in San Diego." However, upon further investigation, it has been discovered that they are not a roofing company and are not even located in San Diego. They are actually Ad Practitioners, LLC doing business as Consumersadvocate.org.

The company takes your information and sells it to other companies who are interested in your roofing job. These companies pay Powell and Sons for the information, but there is no way to tell who these companies are or how legitimate they are. This can be a cause for concern for many people who are looking for reliable roofing services.

It is important to report this company to the proper authorities such as https://www.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ to prevent others from falling victim to their deceptive practices. It is always important to do your research and make sure that the company you are dealing with is legitimate and trustworthy.

J
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Powellandsons Disappointing Experience with Powellandsons Deck Cleaning Services

I've been lookin' for someone to clean my mom's deck for a while now, and I was pretty stoked when someone from Powellandsons called me back right quick to talk about the price and set up a time for the washin'. But when the day of the appointment came around, I gave 'em a call to make sure they were still comin' - turns out they weren't. I was pretty peeved, and I asked 'em if they were gonna let me know or just not show up. I mean, if you make an appointment, you gotta follow through, right? The guy I talked to had a number from Providence, RI, and he didn't seem all that interested in the work, to be honest.

M
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Powellandsons Beware of Powellandsons/Leaffilter: Misleading Marketing and Pushy Sales Tactics

I gotta say, I was pretty disappointed when I found out that Powellandsons ain't actually a local company in Snohomish County, WA. Turns out, it's just Leaffilter trying to pull a fast one on us. They claim to install gutters too, but really they just wanna sell you their fancy-pants gutters and gutter guards. And let me tell ya, I ain't a fan of companies that spam me with their marketing. That's all Leaffilter seems to do.

I did some digging and found a few videos on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84QXyLMagEk) that show how pushy their sales tactics can be. If a company has to pretend to be someone else, that's a red flag in my book.

So, if you're thinking about hiring Powellandsons/Leaffilter, just be careful. They might try to sell you more than you need, and their marketing can be a bit overwhelming. Personally, I'd look for a company that's more upfront and honest about what they do.

M
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Powellandsons Reliable and Trustworthy: My Experience with Powellandsons Home Improvement Services

Powellandsons (powellandsons.com) is a business that I recently came across while searching for local contractors. At first, I was a bit hesitant to trust them because I had heard some negative things about Angi, the company that Powellandsons is supposedly affiliated with. However, I decided to give them a chance and I'm glad I did.

The website is easy to navigate and I was able to find the services I needed quickly. I was impressed with the variety of services they offer, from roofing to plumbing to landscaping. It's clear that they have a team of skilled professionals who can handle just about any job.

One thing that stood out to me was the personalized approach they take with each customer. They really take the time to listen to your needs and make sure that you're satisfied with the work they do. I appreciated the attention to detail and the fact that they didn't rush through the job just to get it done quickly.

Overall, I would highly recommend Powellandsons to anyone in need of home improvement services. They're a reliable and trustworthy company that truly cares about their customers. Don't let the negative reviews about Angi scare you away from giving them a chance.

A
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Powellandsons Disappointing Experience with Powellandsons: A Middleman Company with No Employees

I gotta say, I was pretty disappointed with Powellandsons (powellandsons.com). I mean, what kind of company doesn't even have their own employees? It's like they just pass your info along to whoever they feel like, and you never know who you're gonna end up dealing with. That's not how business is supposed to work, if you ask me.

I know I'm not the only one who's had this experience, either. I've seen plenty of other reviews that say the same thing. It's like this company is just a middleman, trying to make a quick buck by connecting people with random contractors or whatever. And honestly, I don't think that's a very good way to do business.

I mean, I get it, the internet is supposed to make things easier. But sometimes, it just makes things more confusing. I miss the days when you could just flip through the Yellow Pages and find a local business that you knew you could trust. Nowadays, it seems like every website is trying to sell you something, or trick you into giving away your personal information.

All in all, I wouldn't recommend Powellandsons to anyone. If you're looking for a reliable company to do business with, you're better off doing your own research and finding someone who actually has their own employees and a good reputation. Don't waste your time with these middlemen who don't seem to care about anything except making a quick buck.

G
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Powellandsons Disappointing Lack of Communication: A Review of Powellandsons Services

As someone who was interested in utilizing the services of Powellandsons (powellandsons.com), I can't help but express my disappointment in the lack of response I received from the company. Despite sending multiple quote requests, I never received any type of communication from their team. As a result, I cannot recommend this company to anyone who is seeking reliable and responsive service.

Attempting to request a quote from Powellandsons proved to be a fruitless endeavor. Though I took the time to fill out their online form and provide all necessary information, no one reached out to me to discuss my project or provide me with a quote. Ultimately, this lack of communication left me feeling underwhelmed and frustrated.

As someone who values good customer service, I was disappointed by the lack of attention that Powellandsons gave to my inquiry. In my experience, it is essential for businesses to prioritize the needs of their customers and actively strive to provide a positive experience. In the case of Powellandsons, however, it seems that customer service may not be their top priority.

Overall, I would caution anyone who is considering utilizing the services of Powellandsons to proceed with caution. While their website may suggest that they are a reputable and capable company, my personal experience tells me that their response time and communication may not be up to par. Instead, I recommend seeking out a company that values customer service just as much as they value their business.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Powellandsons Unreliable Customer Service: My Disappointing Experience with Powellandsons.com

Hmmm, where do I even begin with this one? Let me tell you, my experience with Powellandsons.com was not a good one. To be honest, it felt like a bit of a scam. I mean, when I tried to call them directly, I was redirected to a completely random person who wasn't even associated with the company. It made me wonder if they were outsourcing their customer service to who knows where. I had my doubts from the beginning, but I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt, so I left a message and waited for a call back.

Sure enough, someone did call me back, but even then it still felt fishy. I had a tough time making sense of what they were saying. It felt like they were reading off a script or something. They kept saying they handle all of the calls and make sure I get in touch with the right people, but I couldn't shake off the feeling that something was off. I mean, why couldn't they just transfer me directly to the people I needed to talk to?

Honestly, the whole situation left me feeling a bit uneasy. If a company can't even handle its own customer service calls, then what else is it capable of? Needless to say, I won't be doing business with Powellandsons.com again anytime soon.

G
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Powellandsons Review: Powellandsons.com - A Comprehensive Resource for Local Contractors, but Finding the Right One Can Be Overwhelming

When I landed on Powellandsons.com, the first impression I got was that of a legitimate local contractor website. However, as I explored further, I was bombarded with an overwhelming number of contractors, leaving me feeling confused about which one to pick. It was frustrating to go through page after page of contractors, only to discover that many of them did not offer the particular services I was looking for.

Despite the initial frustration, I must say that the website has an impressive range of services on offer. From landscaping and roofing to electrical work and flooring, Powellandsons.com seems to have it all. It's just a pity that finding the right contractor can be such a chore.

On the bright side, the website does have many positive reviews from satisfied customers, which gives some level of reassurance. What would be even better is if the site could provide more detailed information about the contractors, their experience and qualifications. It would also be helpful if they could offer a more streamlined selection process, perhaps by providing a questionnaire to help narrow down the list of potential contractors.

Overall, Powellandsons.com seems to be a good resource for finding local contractors. However, it's worth noting that the process of selecting a contractor can be time-consuming and somewhat overwhelming. If you have the patience to sift through a long list of contractors, though, you may find the right person for your project on this site.

R
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Powellandsons Buyer Beware: Powellandsons.com's Misleading Ads and Frustrating Customer Service

Powellandsons.com has been a frustrating experience for many people due to its misleading advertisements. Despite these claims of expertise in various areas, they have failed to deliver on their promises and have left many customers stranded without any response or assistance. This lack of communication not only wastes valuable time but also leads to a feeling of disappointment and mistrust when dealing with online ads.

It is not unusual to search for a product or service online and come across a company that seems perfect for your needs, only to realize that their advertisements are misleading. Powellandsons.com has been accused of providing false information about their services and failing to deliver on their promises, causing frustration and dissatisfaction among many of their clients.

Moreover, some clients have reported that they reach out to Powellandsons.com for assistance, but their requests go unanswered. This lack of response has caused even more frustration and has led some clients to seek other companies that are more willing to help.

Unfortunately, experiences like this reinforce the negative perception many have of internet ads and search engines such as Google. It is disheartening when companies offer something that they cannot deliver, and it reinforces our mistrust in internet advertising.

In conclusion, if you are seeking a reliable and trusted company for your needs, you may wish to look elsewhere rather than dealing with Powellandsons.com. Their misleading advertisements and failure to provide adequate customer service is a cause for concern.

C
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Powellandsons Terrible Communication and Availability from Powellandsons for Grease Trap Installation Request

I recently had an experience with Powellandsons and unfortunately, I was greatly disappointed. Since there is no phone number listed on their website, the only way to contact them is by submitting a request through their online form. I filled out this form three separate times, in order to receive a quote for a grease trap installation. Unfortunately, I never received so much as acknowledgement from anyone at the company.

To say that I was frustrated with this experience is an understatement. Not only did I waste my time submitting three separate requests, but I also missed out on the opportunity to have my installation done by a company that I had heard great things about.

Overall, I believe that Powellandsons needs to improve their communication practices and their availability to potential customers. There is no excuse for ignoring requests and leaving potential customers in the dark. I hope that they will learn from this experience and make some changes to their website and customer service practices.

Read full review of Powellandsons and 1 comment