Service Magic / Fraud and scam

I will have to agree the my fellow handyman & contractors who have all been screwed by Service Magic! They pitched me as well, twice, and promised me legitimate customers. What they failed to inform me was that they wouldn't be leading me any real jobs, without a General B Lic. I got B.S. stuff like child proofing, people calling me asking about where my dump & recycling center was. I'm a 26 yr professional in all fields of construction, formerly flipping residential properties. They were definitely a great waste of my time, and now I too am being pursued for collection for crap leads! I was given wrong info, people were soliciting me for there own advantage, and/ or product- services through Service Magic, and some were wishy washy, not even ready to commit or move forward... "just looking around" One of my so called leads stiffed my company of $650.00, and Service Magic cared more for the customer. Initially I re painted her ceiling from a roof leakage, and then she had us R & R her front & rear custom doors put in through Home Depot, the contractor sent out had hacked the doors completely, and then the customer, after being please with our professional work, choose to stiff us because Service Magic didn't inform the customer that we were not licensed. We are a handyman company, servicing any/ all small jobs for $500.00 or less... Material is separate and at face value. Stay away from Service Magic!!!

Va

Comments

• Va
      15th of Oct, 2008

I hired a contractor referred by Service Magic. That was the first mistake. The job was never finished, the contractor said he ran out of money. He had all of mine though. The work that was done is a joke. Drains connected to nothing. Flagstone ruined. Laborers coming over on Sundays telling me they were never paid. Service Magic contacted me to see how I liked the service, so I told them. Service magic's response was condescending and downright snotty. Nasty little e-mails, acting like I am the scammer. They can keep the stinking $500.00. It will cost me over $20, 000.00 to fix the mess. Never again.

• Bo
      16th of Nov, 2008

This Service Magic Company had charged my credit card even though I didn't have a signed contract with them. I didn't complete any work on their behalf.
    I will fully support a class action suit against this company.

• Jg
      26th of Jan, 2009

You don’t need Service Magic!!! Their verification system and customer ratings are joke. I’ve seen scam companies listed on their website with 100% positive rating. It’s all about money. Stay away, relay on your intuition, always ask and check references. If your project is large ask the contractor to show you recently completed projects and talk to their customers in person. Service Magic does not care about you. What they care about is money!