Sephora / service

1 Boca Raton, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 561-391-1221

Today I went to Sephora at the Boca Raton Mall. I was looking at some scrubs and decided to try a few testers. As I opened one tester scrub, (that said "try me, " )on it, the oil from the container immediately spilled onto my new Prada handbag. There was more that spilled onto the floor. With noone around to help, I grabbed a towel that was displayed on the chair of a beauty consultant who said she "didn't work for the store." She didn't initially want to give me that towel, but she couldn't find anything, so I just used it quite carefully, same as I had opened up the "try me " container. I asked for a manager. The "consultant" went to get her, and said she was coming. Noone ever came out. When I asked her about this manager seeing me, she said that there is a manager at the desk area. I then went to the desk/register area and asked the only human being behind the counter if he was the manager. He sort of didn't indicate if he was one way or the other, but then I learned the manager was in the back, still. When she finally came out, I had showed her what had happened and where, and from what tester. She totally doubletalked me! She started to open other testers from the same line, saying and showing me that there was oil in all of them. However, I told her that the tester I opened was "loaded" with oil that spilled onto my new Prada bag. The tester she opened has less oil in it. She said to have it dry cleaned and that Sephora would foot the bill. Then the pseudomanager(guy from behind the register) came over, and said to use alcholol. The real manager said no to the alcholol, but to use "seltzer water." I told her I would have to then go to Prada, another inconvenience on my part. I asked her for her card. She left, said she would be right out. However, she never came back out. The "consultant" contacted her via phone/or whatever contacting devive she was using, and she she was downloading the form for me to fill out. I waited, but she never did come out. I left my name and address with the "pseudomanager" and told him to tell her her mail me the form. Now...my bag is completely ruined since they do not take appropriate care of their testers. Mind you, I had my son in the carriage all this time. When I got home, I realized that my eyeliner wasn't in the bag. I called, spoke to the "guy at the register, " who told me he had it at the counter! He didn't even put it in the bag!He even had my phone number as I had given it tohim to give it to the "real manager" who never came back out from downloading the "form." I asked him to mail it since I wouldn't be able to get back to the store anytime soon. I never did hear from the manager. Now..I have a ruined bag, due to carelessness on their part. Am I surprised??? No, actually. The store is disorganized, short of help (which is okay me me considering the economy), but atleast keep the store neat and testers 'customer safe and low on the oil when opened.' The products appear unkept, messy. When I asked if there was anything I could used to further wipe my bag, they indicated that there was not.However, they had no problem having someone clean up the rest of the oil(and alot of it) that fell to the floor. (Safety reasons, I understand, but take care of the customer, too.)I asked for their policy of the matter, and the manager didn't answer. My bag may for forever ruined, I may have been doubletalked, I may have been improperly helped. However, one more thing I do know, I will NEVER, EVER buy one more Sephora product.

Comments

Ha
  19th of Oct, 2009

What exactly was it that you were testing? If a handbag is that expensive, don't bring it with you into a makeup store. In fact, never wear it out of the house. The manager was perfectly agreeable in offering to pay for the dry cleaning, even though it was your carelessness that got your new bag dirty in the first place.

Ta
  1st of Oct, 2011
Sephora - Online Customer Service Stinks!
Sephora

I placed an order in August of 2009, and after developing an serious eye infection from the product, attempted to return it.

First, I was told multiple locations to which I had to ship the returned product. Then, I was told multiple methods I had to use (some requiring I pay $30 to return a $40 item).

Finally, I managed to get the item in the mail - still within the time limit - and thought it would be taken care of. More than 2 months later, I still have not received my money back.

I have emailed, and been told to phone. I have phoned, and been disconnected. In response to this, I have been told to email a specific department - but no one has given me the email address nor can I find it online.

I will NEVER make another purchase from this company without being absolutely certain I am keeping it. Nor will I even make a sure purchase until I receive my money for the returned item.

We
  15th of Oct, 2011

I'm honestly suprised that Sephora offered to pay for your dry cleansing because the employees were not the ones that opened up a tester and spilled it on your bag. If I worked at Sephora I would tell you to be more careful next time.

Pa
  3rd of Dec, 2011

I have never had a problem with Sephora.com until now. I stayed up in the wee hours on Black Friday to get the $10.00 deals. I bought two Adora eau de parfums and another product, then requested my three little samples. They gave me only one Adora parfum, didn't give me my other product nor the little samples. The person who packed it marked it like all items were shipped including the samples, didn't leave their packer number on the slip. Sephora.com did not contact me, I had to contact them when my shipment came. I was told via email that they were out of stock for the Adora parfum and would refund my money on that without offering me something else for same value with that deal, told me basically too bad on the samples and not even an apology about my missing other product! Told me I had to wait approx 10 days to get my refund. (We'll see if they do that). I have been a Sephora customer for years! I even introduced my 60+ year old mother to Sephora.com online; I encourage people to shop with them. Well I'm not happy! I feel the company knew for a fact they were shorting people on their Black Friday deals and taking our money probably hoping others may not notice. It is false advertising, period. I suggest all of you ladies who have troubles with Sephora stores and online, and any other company, to email or write to your State's Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau - trust me it works and it helps other consumers. Thank you for letting me vent! PS: i have found I can get even better deals by shopping on eBay or going to the actual make-up manufacturers' website (i.e., UrbanDecay.com has better deals than Sephora - got the eyelid primer for $10 and no, I don't work for them LOL). Good luck ladies!

Lo
  7th of Dec, 2011

Ladies, ContaCt your State Attorney General's offiCe alot of times you Can submit Complaints online to tHem.

Co
  8th of Jan, 2012

Uh, she was an idiot for telling you that irons last only two years...but um...you're also an idiot for going to the retail distributor for instructions on how to repair a product that they only SELL. You're supposed to go to the company that sells the iron whether it be Amika, Hot Tools, Cibu, Sultra, etc. Not Sephora, who is only the distributor, NOT the manufacturer.

Secondly, what's wrong with being 40 years old and a retail manager? That's not a ### job. Sephora is a pretty high scale store and I believe you make commission there.

La
  25th of Aug, 2016
Sephora - Manager
Sephora
The Woodlands
Texas

The current manager who works there is SO RUDE. I had just come in to ask how I could repair a damaged iron from there and she looked at me like I was stupid...telling me that irons only last for 2 years and they cannot do anything about it. Two years? Really? Well if that's the kind of product your selling, then I'm not buying because all of my irons have lasted more than two years if treated properly. Anyways, this manager should not be talking down to people because SHE is the 40 year old working as a manager at a cosmetic store.