Select Comfort Beds / poor product severe back pain

1 9800 59th. Avenue NorthMinneapolis, MN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 18778789931

My husband and I bought a select comfort bed in 1998. The bed was fine for about a year or two then it started to have problems keeping air in the chambers especially my husbands side. The center began to sink leaving no support. Trying to pump more air into it did not help the matter at all. Now both sides are sinking in the middle.We bought two pumps, the second one was refurbished costing 120.00. still problems. These beds are not cheap ours cost about 1500 dollars.We have a multitude of back problems that are costing us money, their customer service people are extremely rude they are ripping people off bigtime. NO MORE SELECT COMFORT BEDS FOR US.

Comments

• Pe
    Select Comfort Beds - no integrety to mattress/Lousy Customer service
    Select Comfort
    Minnesota

Bought bed in Jan 2007. Since purchase have had to replace 2 pumps, 2 sleep chambers and placed some lift under mattress. Complete ripoff. Bed sleep experience has no consistency. The customer service people are like speaking to women from an alternate universe, they keep repeating over and over the same mantra of well sir we have done all we can to make your sleep experience as comfortable as possible. Basically their warranty is a hollow one that doesn't give two hoots if you are satisfied or not with the sleep experience. Don't buy one of these disasters!

• Ba
      12th of Dec, 2008

They must have reduced the quality. W e bought ours in the fall of 2002 and it has been trouble free. I did hear that they have reduced the qulaity of the bladders.

• La
      12th of Dec, 2008

I love my Sleep Number bed, have not had any problems with it

10th of Feb, 2009

I could not agree more! We purchased our bed less than 2 months ago, both long rails on the foundation buckled! My wife and I are normal sized people so no excuse. They set new standards for not caring about customers!

• Lo
      23rd of Feb, 2010

This bed sucks! It sags terribly in the middle and doesn't hold air. I have tried calling and emailing these people to no avail. They tell me that because I am a single person that I should have bought the 'bed' design for a single person! PLEASE! there is supposedly a warranty, but they continue to say that I have to buy this, or buy that piece of extra foam - I hate this bed - unfortunately like the others that have commented here - it was so expensive, now I can afford another bed. DON'T BUY SELECT COMFORT!!!