Sears Mastercard, Citigroup / promotional offers
Promotional offers-not so much!!! Beware of deception!
Sears mastercard, with citigroup, is burning their long-time customers. I am looking to find someone that has the means to file a class action lawsuit, because their misleading and deceptive ways are so outrageous that I cannot believe it.
I have great credit and my account has been in great standing with them since I joined in 1997 at age 18. I'm now 30, have used the card exclusively for the past several years, and plan to never give them another cent of my interest! Never again!
I am grateful to have paid off my sears mastercard earlier in the year, but a few weeks ago I received a letter indicating some promotional offers they wanted me to be aware of. This letter stated things that sounded too good to be true: no interest for 36 months, or no interest/payments for 24 months, etc. There were 5 different options. Well... Being that I have been wanting to spruce up my basement with some new flooring, I thought that this might be my chance! Soo...
I called the number provided on the letter and explained that I would like to purchase some flooring at home depot, but wanted to be sure that I would receive one of the promotions. The person on the phone indicated that yes, make my purchase, then after a few days (Allowing time for the purchase to post), call back and they would apply the promotion to purchase. I did exactly that.
When I called to have the promotion applied, it was refused and I was told that promotions were only for k-mart or sears purchases. This, however, was not indicated in the letter and was not indicated to me when I called the day of my purchase to confirm this deal. I explained how I felt deceived and mislead and they said sorry, there was nothing they could do about that.
I would not have made this purchase without the promotional offer that was completely misleading.in fact, home depot was offering 0% for 6 months, and I would have gone with them had I had any concern that sears mastercard citigroup was going to screw me over the way they did.
I will never use this card again, and I have been loyal for 13 years. As far as i'm concerned, everyone should abandon citigroup and sears mastercard for their shady practices.
More Sears Mastercard, Citigroup Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- Sears Brands Kenmore - washing machine
- Sears Brands - kenmore elite grab and go bottom freezer #74002
- Sears Brands - kenmore top mount refrigerator
- Sears Brands - screw my caliper while tire rotation
- Sears Brands - sears home service warranty