Sears Canada / broken appliance and parts ordering

Nepean, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
These are the emails I sent Sears and the reply I received from them...I bought a new stove online and recieved it damaged but did not realize it was damaged until the NON-SEARS delivery men were gone.
I have been buying my tools and equipment from Sears for over 13 years now but there service has dropped off dramatically from what I can see with their online and phone support...Hell you can even send an email complaint to any executives in charge of service and support...Go figure...

Here are the emails I sent/received...(edited for my security)

From: Scharf, Robert
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2008 8:52 AM
To: 'home@sears.ca'
Cc: 'RJ Home'
Subject: RE: CASE: 1354918 needs parts...

I already told you below, that I called them 2 times now and each time was on hold for almost 45 minutes and still no one has gotten back to me as to a confirmation if the parts are already on order. I was told it was a FAST, which means they have to order the parts from the manufacturer. This was authorized by Kaila at extension 5002. I just need someone to confirm that this order was indeed put in when I called because it is 4 weeks now since I've had the appliance and the bottom drawer does not work properly.
Would it be faster if I just contacted the manufacturer directly? I have been dealing with Sears for over 13 years and never before received an item damaged. I didn't realize it would be this hard to get parts for a $500 appliance that was delivered over a month ago (July 22) damaged. :(
Robert Scharf

-----Original Message-----
From: home@sears.ca [mailto:home@sears.ca]
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2008 3:56 PM
To: Scharf, Robert
Subject: CASE: 1354918 needs parts...

Hello Mr. Scharf,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Sears.

In order to resolve your inquiry and better meet your needs, we ask that you contact our Product Repair Service department at [protected].

Our operators are available to assist you 24 hours a day.

If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for choosing Sears.

Regards,

Jean

tmp

Email is a non-secure form of communication and customers should not include any sensitive account information in any email to Sears Canada Inc.
Le courriel n'est pas un mode de transmission securise et les clients doivent s'abstenir d'y inclure tout renseignement sensible sur leur compte dans toute communication electronique destinee a Sears Canada Inc.

From: Scharf, Robert
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2008 1:49 PM
To: 'home@sears.ca'
Cc: 'RJ Home'
Subject: needs parts...

Hi:
I bought a 30" Range from Sears, which was delivered on July 22 and the plastic tabs that hold the bottom drawer in the range were broken. I have talked to Sears over the phone twice now to try to get these plastic parts shipped to me but have received no confirmation that this is in process.
The range is online item #[protected], model [protected], serial number #########
Can you please confirm if these plastic parts are on order for me?
Thanks
Robert Scharf
Nepean, Ontario

Comments

Ma
  27th of Oct, 2008
This is not a complaint. I just didn't know where to email my questions, so could you please advise me to where I could ask about my Sears air-conditioner.
For a while I have been getting signs that there is dampness going on at the foundation of my house.
I thought first the eaves but no.
That leaves the air-conditoner.
I read the pamphlet about the air-conditoner drains.
Does it drain sufficiently to cause my problem?
It's at the wall of damage.
Should I have it moved away, further down the yard?
Was the drainage of this air-conditioner put in the right place - in other words - could the machine be backwards?
Please advise, and I thank you for this chance to ask.
Marlene