Scotts Lawn Service / poor company

As a former employee of Scotts Lawn Service.I will tell you they lie about the products they promote they will use and will use lesco products and such like in place.After the recall they had for not registering products with E.P.A. and agreeing to sending letters to customers to land in the mail on a Friday they did a nation wide of turning of their phone systems so not to answer customers concerns.They consistently violate laws in making applications in the pouring rain because if the employees don't they will be terminated.All of this probally has to be due to the fact all the upper management at Scotts Lawn Service are 85 % True Green Chem Lawn employees if that doesn't explain it.

Comments

• Fr
      24th of May, 2009

Amen to what was said above. I am a lawn tech also and this has to be the worse company to work for, far worse than any Walmart or retail place in America. Not only are they making you do applications in the rain (without giving techs rain gear) they force to work 60-70 hours a week at 1/2 rate pay over 40 hours.

I would never hire us to do a lawn, 90% of the techs are overworked with routes they just open up spreaders or ghost properties saying they did it.

• Us
      4th of Feb, 2012

I am a current Scotts employee, and have been for several years, as a tsr. Bottom line is if you don't want to work, then file for unemployment... The lawn care industry is hard, and it is called WORK, not fun. I have never seen any Scotts employee even suggest that a non-Scotts fertilizer be applied to any lawn, and the meer thought of it is not only morally wrong, but just plain stupid. As far as the rain goes...do we not tell every single customer to water in our applications?! It is only water, and I am plretty sure that none of us has melted yet, and I am not going to hold my breath.

The routes are based on the amount of customers versus the amount of tsr's. We have no problem meeting goals and being efficient at our branch, maybe you could have your gm send your guys here for a week to see how we do things.

I am just defending a great company, it seems that you may have some mgt issues.