Scandinavian Airlines System [SAS] / cancelled flight
We had booked a flight from Stockholm to Berlin 2018-06-01 which should leave at about 20.15.
We were there in time. About 20 we got the information that our flight was delayed to 21.20. At about 21.00 we got the information the plane had landed, should be cleaned and we should board as soon as possoble and hurry up because we had to leave soon.
At 21.30 the flight was cancelled due to the weather conditions in Europe and we should get a rebooking and if we did not agree should book an alternative ourselves.
Sas could not offer a hotel which we managed to find ourselves. We took a taxi and shoul get a rebooking information soon.
At about 22.00 we got the rebooking to 2018-06-03 !
The trip reason was the birthday party of our daughter on saturday evening, which we were not possible to reach when taking the rebooking.
We booked an other flight to Bremen next morning, than a long trip by train to Berlin, our destination and arrived on saturday evening.
I called sas on saturday and said we would not accept the rebooking so they could sell our places.
Now SAS will not refound our costs because of weather conditions in europe. But i arlanda were fine conditions and in berlin too. The real reason was a problem on an earlier flight (not our problem) and the airport closing time in berlin. I hope you can help.
Updated by Renate Grünebaum, Jun 13, 2018
Booking number QTZTVC
Case number at sas 1430617
More Scandinavian Airlines System [SAS] Complaints & Reviews
- Scandinavian Airlines - Bad experience
- Scandinavian Airlines - Failure to Provide Vital Information 
- SAS Airlines - Double Charged Us
- SAS - Terrible customer service and lost luggage
- SAS - Ezeego1 Fraud site
- Scandinavian Airlines System [SAS] - payment not received
- Scandinavian Airlines System [SAS] - compensation for cancelled flight not provided
- Scandinavian Airlines - delay in flight without compensation
- SAS Airlines - Delayed luggage
- Scandinavian Airlines System [SAS] - Change return date scam