SBI Credit Cards / sbi-ge fradualent acts - don't agree to pay by cash for settlements

1 India Review updated:

Beware and record all happenings while making the settlements with SBI Credit cards, please don't agree to pay by cash by all means. Due to SBI poor services, i gave the intimation to close the card, but this was never done and no information from them, after few months i received a statement stating i need to pay 11,000/- for a transaction which i never made. On enquiring with sbi customer care i came to know that the card was not blocked and my account was not closed and this transaction had happened due to a theft in my home in which i had lost most valuables of me. as i was not in india at that time, i was unable to file an FIR at that time. On my return, when asked for the settlement amount for the transaction happened without my knowledge, they asked me to pay 20,725/-, then after 2-3 stages of negotiation, i agreed to pay 13615/- only tht transactional charges and its interest, excluding their expensive late payment charges for 6 months. I gave a cheque to them and when asked for the settlement letter, they promised it will be couried to my recorded communication address. But i seldom received any of such letter from SBI, when i tried to contact the SBI credit card officer, who himself claimed as manager to whom i have finalised the settlemnt was speaking as if he never knows me and my case. I then intimated this to feedback@ge.sbi.com and other greviance nodal officers in chennai, for which i received no responses from any of those. Then later after 3 months i started receiving harashment calls from SBI collection department, To put a full stop to this issue i asked for the settlement amount for second time, this time also they told outstanding as 21,623/-. But They (Geetha(SBI-Timehouse, Rajaji road, parrys), Sunil (SBI-Timehouse, rajaji road, Parrys), said their bank is fair enough to offer an pre-approved amount of 11,000/- against the settlements, when i requested them to solve the issue legally, so that i could also get a chance to express the harshments and other things happened on behalf of SBI, then finally they asked for an settlement amount of 4,000/- for which i agreed , hoping to solve the problem. Then they asked me to come personally to SBI-Time house only with cash of 4,000/- and informed settlement letter will be given on spot of payment being made. I had a belief of them and went to Time house at 3PM for settling the issue, Geetha showed me the settlement letter in which Sunil, had signed in . then i gave the cash payment, she gave the settlement letter, when i was about to leave , she asked for the settlemnt letter saying she needs to take a photo copy for their evidences, i gave the letter back and she asked me to wait outside her cabin and told she will come in 5 mins. But even after 30 mins she never came, when i asked others, to my shock they told she already left the office at 5 PM. Then i refused to leave their center, and at 7 PM sunil(SBI-GE), came to meet me on my compulsion, he then promised me that this will be solved and i would receive the letter within 24 hrs of time. But this never happened and after that meeting, now today their same harashment calls continued after an sucessful year after that incident. I have all evidences, Including video recorded while sunil was talking to me and more than 30 emails i have written to feedback@ge.sbi, have recorded their promise calls in my mobile, but of no use until and unless i initiate this issue legally, which will happen in shorted time. So beware of SBi while making your final settlements as most of collection agents are well trained culprits. Now today they told i have an outstanding of 21,635/-. I don't know how many times i have to make the settlement for SBI. Get the settlement letter first, mentioning the cheque number and always have the evidence of cheque cleared from your account.

Comments

Va
  14th of Sep, 2008

SBI CARD GIVE EXCELLENT & PROMPT SERVICE

Ra
  4th of Mar, 2009

All the user of the SBI card, as i had a settlement the third party from the SBI card named naresh from nagpur come to my house and settlement was done on 5430 Rs, with the three installment of 1810 rs, Still the person from the SBI didnt gave me the settlement letter of above mention Rs. and gave me of 9000 Rs settlement lettre ane assured me to be gave in next month, He didnt came again, and the over due in now on 27000 Rs. As per the term and condition the third party so appointed, shall adhere fully to the code of conduct on debt collection. Still he didnt came and collect the due.
Ravi Kalsait