SBI Credit Cards / refund cheque bounced

1 India Review updated:

I had this so called Credit card from SBI, I gave a post dated cheque of Rs 1600 as a payment. Before that date I closed the card by paying the entire outstanding amount. Ideally the company should have never submitted my post dated cheque. But its SBI you can’t expect them to do so.

Any way my cheque of Rs 1600 was cleared and when asked for a refund they agreed to pay only 737, I said OK. But the cheque reached me after 3 months. I think the cheque was walking to my house!!.

I submitted the cheque and it bounced ( reason SBI stopped the payment). When asked the reason, they said it was erroneously done and asked me to resubmit, I resubmitted it and guess what it bounced again. I have asked for an explanation from them, but still no response!

I have decided not to submit the cheque now. Let the poor SBI souls have the money. These banks are like cancer cells and should be thrown out of business. I think any MNC or other Indian bank like ICICI bank is a thousand times better than these so called largest bank of India.

If you a SBI card read this cancel it and have peace of mind!!!
With warm regards

Comments

• Sc
      23rd of Sep, 2008

I just called SBI card to cancel the card. They said that they have cancelled the card and refund draft will be sent for an overpayment that I made. Now I am pretty sure that I will never get the money back. SBI card sucks.