SBI Credit Card / not used the card, still they charge! scoundrels...

1 India Review updated:

I got the SBI Credit Card through some call center, she assured me that its a life time free credit card and there is no other charges until you use the card. I just believed her and accepted for Credit card. I received the card within a week. I kept the card safely in my cupboard, planning for some purchase later. From that time till now I never used it. Then I got a statement saying that I have to pay Rs.800, I tried calling the customer care but I am not able to reach them. Then I realized that SBI is in lack of technology, on customer care support, with bunch of unprofessional staff, like how people work in a government offices, sit in the office heat the bench and leave sharp at 6pm. There's no one there to follow-up. As I keep trying trying again. Next month I got a statement of Rs.1,703, I tried my level best to reach them but all those efforts have gone waste. Now I got a statement of Rs.2,096 with a threatening letter sent by a person called Ryali Bhardwaj who is from a Payment Assistance Unit. The message goes like this
" On reviewing your account, we realise that you have not made any clear payment against your SBI Card despite repeated requests made and reminders given to you over telephone, by letters and on personal visits made by our representatives." What a joker! I didn't receive any call from SBI or meet in person. What a Bluff Master!
As the letter goes "This is to reiterate that immediate payment by you against your SBI Card is necessary to regularise your card failing which, we shall be constrained to initiate all appropriate actions including legal action and/or contacting your employer (My Company Name where I work) in this regard. Please note that the above said action, if initiated by us shall be solely at your risk as to cost and consequences." I wish I could meet this person (Ryali Bhardwaj) he would realise what is the consequences for sending me such letters. After reading this letter I called the customer care and then they said I have no other choice then to pay this amount. Is this the way SBI deals with their customers. Persons like him should work as a peon in some government office.

Comments

• Ak
      1st of Nov, 2007

So far I have not received the credit card but getting the statement regularly. Credit Card No. 4317 5757 0548 2686

I also applied for SBI Credit Card but so far they have not provided me the card but they are billing me regularly with their prompt looting services. For the month of October they are charging Rs. 9,716.92 plus late charges Rs. 334.41 + Rs. 255.45

Please also help me because I have done several correspondence with SBI Credit Card personnels and their head Shri Ajay Bharti but nobody is helping me in this regard.

• Bp
      12th of Nov, 2007

I got SBI Card bearing No.5264 6853 1455 0102 in the month of January, 2007. After receiving the card within a 7 days the Delhi office told me your amount is 450.00 you may paid this amount but I never used this card. After 2 or 3 days I got a different type of payment by telephone from Delhi/ Calcutta and Guwahati. Within a 7 days I paid two hundred rupees for insurance. But I dont know what type of insurance. I never used this Card till date and I never used this card. I write a letter to inform them by Guwahati office, Assam I surrender this card immediately. But no response. In the last September, 2007 some Delhi High Court Advocate Nitish Kumar informed me by telephone to pay Rs.8,000/- and this card will be stopped and you will get a letter within a seven days, but till date no information and any letter for me. It is very difficult for me is it a black mailing system or any fraud business in the name of SBI.

Please help me to surrender my card no mentioned above I never use this card. In Guwahati office no response my request, only they told me we are only collector. Kindly acknowledge my msg. and locked my card or surrender my card immediately. With regards.