SBI Cards / recovery finance charges even after timely payments

1 India Review updated:

I am corresponding, through e-mail, with SBI Cards for the last few weeks and on not being satisfied with responses, so sent by SBI Cards, today at 11.00 a.m. I called their Help Line Number [protected], which was picked-up by Mr. Rohit, who informed me that he was from their Gurgaon Call Centre.
During the conversation he kept me waiting for about a minutes without any reason nor he begged sorry for his unreasoned disappearance and when I asked him about the same he simply said I was talking non sense as the Finance Charges will not be deleted from my Bill at any cost and when I asked as to what should I do for my grievance he said why are you wasting his time as nothing is going to happen and disconnected the Phone.

I felt very bad as such I wrot to SBI Cards with the intention that they should know my nonsense, which I was telling to the Call Centre Boy. The same is as under:

I am not receiving the Bills since March 2007 and Soon after receipt of SMS, I made payment of Rs. 54,000=00 through Cheque No. 635977 of State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur, Vikas Nagar Branch, Lucknow, U.P. on 17.04.2007 and the Statement, received through your e-mail, shows that you have received Rs. 5,400=00 in 19.04.2007 and accordingly an amount of Rs. 2,140=00 has been included as Finance Charges as such I wanted that the deposited amount be corrected and the Finance Charges be deleted.

I am very old customer of SBI Cards and always made payment within time, except once in 2004.

I have never made part payment, except once.

I may also point-out that the aforesaid Cheque was presented in my Bank, i.e. The State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur, Vikas Nagar Branch, Lucknow on 23.04.2007 and was cleared on that day itself.

I requested the SBI Vards to arrange regular and timely delivery of Bills/Statements.

The SBI Card was also requested by me that the Finance Charges be deleted from my Bill/Statement.

I warned the SBI Cards that in case the Finance Charges would not be deleted from my Bill/Statement, I would think for withdrawal of our relationship with SBI Cards.

I also informed the SBI Cards that unless the paid amount is not corrected and the Finance Charges are not deleted from my Bill/Statement, I will not make the payment of the present Bill, received by me through e-mail and then the matter will be resolved through Lucknow Court only. As such they may take this Letter as Legal Notice as well.

Comments

30th of Jul, 2008

SBI CARD PEOPLE ARE INSENSITIVE TO CUSTOMER GREVIENCES.they eevn send goondas home to collect their dues even if they are wrong in billing fines.they are very rude on the fone on thierhelpline no.people shd boycott sbicards.maybe complaining to ombusman might help in resolving the issue.