Samsung Refrigerator / samsung's inability to service their clients!

1 South Africa Review updated:

The temperature on the fridge side of our double door refrigerator wasn't cooling anymore, the temperature just kept on going up. On friday the 16th november 07 I phoned several repair companies to come and look @ the fridge and to my surprise nobody was willing to come and even look at a sumsung. As soon as I mentioned the make of the refrigerator they were not interested. The problem seems to be samsung, they never have any stock, you wait days for them to respond to your request and it seems they just have this don't care attitude. It seems people in the us have the same problem, and I thought it was just because we were in africa. I have always regarded samsung as being a good quality product. But with non existent after sales service no more samsung for me and I will not recommend the product either. Ps still awaiting part from samsung!

Comments

• Mr
      26th of Feb, 2008
    Samsung Refrigerator - pathetic service
    South Africa

My new fridge thats barely two months old started giving me problems.. I contacted the company I purchased it from, who then contacted samsungs service centre... Its been more than two weeks since the initial query, and after speaking to a call centre agent regularly, I still have no joy. I even spoke to the head of the department - mr aslam ali, who now doesnt take my calls, and is also giving me attitude.. I havent been spoken to with such disrespect ever before. The service is really pathetic. Actually its really sad to see that an international company like samsung developing a reputation for bad service, and its even sadder that the people who are there to help, dont actually care...
    I definitely wont be puchasing another samsung product.

• As
      31st of May, 2008

Dear sir,
    We had brought our refrigerator in the year 2017 the model no is SR-S24 FTA Side By Side
    This model is not availabe now in market as your executive has told us.
    We would like to tell you that even when our refrigerator was in the warranty period no one came in for the service from your side and after the warranty period oor refrigerator has got spoiled and your executive has told us this i a very old make and parts of it are not availabe
    Kindly tell us what shoul be done we paid a Lac for this fridge And today we get to hear that this fridge is not wort 10, 000/- also.

Please look out for a solution.As samsung seems to have name all over the world, but services are poor and people at your end just say that the fridge is old enough and not worth go in for something else

This kind of attitude is not done as we all work hard to eary money so that our family can get a better lifestyle and where in people like us spend to the fullest and buy good products for our house.

Sir you kindly look in to this matter

Thanks

Ashmeet

1st of Jun, 2008

cooling problem

28th of Apr, 2010
    Samsung Refrigerator - coming sound from freez and feezer is crached
    India

Myself Sanchita. I have brough Samsung refrigerator and it is in warenty period. Sound is coming from my freez and its freezer part is slightly cracked. On Last Thursday(22/04/2017) and before that i made complaint for it on the customer care number-01130308282. My BP No is 8413491432. 10 times i made call on same number to send the executive for the servicing but yet no one came.Every customer care executive said that executive will come but no one come.One of customer care executive given the seervice center number-01145261601 & 01145261600.But No one is picking the call on same number .Some times they cut the call when i rang. i am getting frustrated so if i will not get the service, in future i will never plan to purchase samsung product

• Fr
      18th of Oct, 2011
    Samsung Refrigerator - broken freezer
    Palos Verdes
    California

We have been without a freezer for 6 weeks! The freezer is part of a Samsung refrigerator that is less than 2 years old. We bought the fridge and freezer from Sears and bought the extended warranty. It's been so bad I will never buy an appliance or anything with a warranty again from Sears and I've been a longtime loyal customer. We called Sears initially and they scheduled an appointment about a week in to the problem. They cancelled twice and finally showed up 3 weeks in to the problem. The repairman said we needed a part and to call Sears back once it arrived. I did just that. The part took a week to arrive. I called right away and they said the soonest appointment was 2 weeks out again! They came out the 2nd time and the repairman said it was "fixed". Well, it wasn't fixed. We're still without a freezer and we're now 6 weeks in to it. The soonest appointment is October 27th, another 2 weeks out again so by the time they arrive I will have been 8 weeks without a freezer. This is totally unacceptable. I have tried to escalate this to managers and all they can say is they don't have enough people to do the repairs. Really? I hope others read this so they know to stay away from Sears when it comes to products with extended warranties, unless you're willing to live without it for at least 2 months or more! By the way, I lost a bunch of food when the freezer first went out. They have not offered to reimburse me for the lost food yet, but I just found out I can claim it. Nothing like being proactive with customer service (not!).

• Se
      18th of Oct, 2011

To Freezerless,

I'm very sorry for the bad service that you've received surrounding the repair of your freezer. I completely understand the importance of having a working freezer in the home and I'm sorry that you have had to endure this long period without one. My name is James and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team and we value you as a customer. There are several things that we can help you with including a sooner repair appointment and your food loss claim. We desperately want to turn this very disappointing experience around. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [protected]@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the repair was scheduled under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Freezerless) for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

• Ka
      23rd of Jun, 2012

Hi,

My refrigerator's compressor not working since 2-3 months. The customer care team in faridabad are replacing the compressor every time, now it's 6th time when the compressor not working within 2-3 months. samsung claim that refrigerator is stabilizer free but as per customer support team we have purchased the new stabilizer, but the problem still same. The customer support team are not able to find the root cause, he just wasting my time. I'm really frustrated to get the support from Samsung support team.

6th of Jul, 2013
    Samsung Refrigerator - poor design - dumping in usa
    Samsung
    5411 Hartfield Ct
    Ada
    Michigan
    Phone: 616-940-3105

I purchased the samsung rfg298 french door refrigerator.
    After a power failure the display was non-responsive
    This refrigerator is poorly designed.
    When returning from a power outage or brownout, the power may not restart cleanly. This may result in the processor locking up.
    A service call is needed. The on-line service request is very painful.
    As an engineer - I find this problem disturbing and an indication of a poor design. Microprocessors should have watchdog circuits to prevent this type of problem. The most rudimentary reliability testing would have caught this problem.
    I believe this is another example of korea dumping poorly designed product on the usa, and using low prices to get us to buy their junk.

• Ro
      6th of Aug, 2014
    Samsung Refrigerator - refrigerator
    Samsung
    Ridgefield Park
    New Jersey

I purchased a refrigerator in January 2017. For the 2nd time the freezer door is broken. It is constructed of plastic at stress points. These break upon normal use.
    I had the door replaced once under warranty. However, within a couple of months the same problem arose. I am now looking at a broken, unsightly freezer door.
    Samsung very GRUDINGLY after much "arm twisting", has agreed to replace the door one more time. They (of course) will not guarantee I will not have the same problem again.
    I requested a replacement fridge or a PRO-RATED refund so I can purchase another appliance. I am getting ZERO cooperation from customer service.
    Do NOT buy a Samsung appliance as they do NOT stand behind their products. OR you will wind up like me - looking at an ugly fridge for 10 years.