Samsung India / very poor after sale service!

I have samsung sghe730. I am using this phone for 2 years.In dec'06 because of my mistake the lcd screen was broken. I got it repaired from samsung company's service center in vile parle, near nanavati hospital. Also paid rs 4000 / - for it. The phone was working ok for 3 months and now it started giving problems regarding display. When I reported the matter to samsung, service center started giving erratic reply. They say that problem is due to some internal display connector which is broken. It is due to handling problems as per them.

I do not understand the connector which is internal; how can I mishandle that. I am sure that either manufacturing defect or wrong handling by repair person. They are now telling me to pay for the same thing which I got repaired in dec'06.

I am really annoyed due to their erratic and illogical answers. I want to take up the matter with top people of samsung. I am sure they will understand the gravity and will help me.

A  14th of May, 2007 by
This is to inform you that we have ordered a samsung-250 refrigerator from panjagutta (company out let in Hyderabad) last Saturday in 4th may 07. We still didn't receive the product even after a week. When contacted I was informed that the fridge is out of stock and you will have to wait for one more week. I was surprised to see the same fridge is readily available outside. They were not even concerned to contact us and inform the delay in delivery.
A  27th of Sep, 2008 by
I am having a Samsung Micro-Wave Oven. There has been a damage to the flexible PCB inside along with the wiring by a Rat. Since last more than 2 years I am struggling to get it repaired even in City like Pune. The response is very clear "please contact our head Service Station as these spares are not easily available". I have bought the Top Brand of Micro-wave from Samsung and I do not want to throw it simply because the Spares are not available.

A  8th of Apr, 2010 by
I had bought a Saumsung Star with WiFi Model No. GT-S5233W on February 7, 2010 from Hotspot. ( A Unit Of Spice Retail Limited ) WZ-152-A/3, main Najafgarh Road, Near metro Pillar No. 678, Uttam Nagar, New Delhi – 110059, vide bill no. ( Book No. 614/07 & Serial No. 331 ) dated February 7, 2010 for Rs. 8075/- all inclusive.

Serial No. Of The Mobile : RP1S977806L
IMEI No. : 355471030799773

From the day one this mobile was giving me problem, as it used to get re-booted while talking ( or even lying on the table ) and the frequency of re-booting increased to 4-5 time a day.

Finally I took my mobile to Bharat Communication, Phahar Gunj ( Samsung Authorised Service Centre )on March 27, 2010. Initially without checking anything, they told me that it has to be formatted and all data will be lost. I compromised on the data and gave them go ahead so that whatever problem is there can be rectified. Even after that the mobile re-booted and they told me to leave the mobile with them, which I did.

Work Order No. is 10C270017 Dated 27-03-2010

Since then I was following up with the Service Centre and for the last 4-5 days I am being told the the PCB has been changed and hence IMEI no. has been changed, which is to be updated, but Samsung site is having some problem because of which they are not able to fix my mobile.

Finally on April 5th 2010 evening they have given me the mobile no. of Mr. Sumit Seth, telling me that Mr. Seth is the Area Manager, and if I am having any service related issue I may please talk to Mr. Seth on 9717766365. Since then I am trying Mr. Seth’s no. but he does not pick up the phone neither calls back, even after leaving SMS. Then I wrote an e-mail to Samsung through the e-mail link on Samsung’s website to which I was responded back on April 6th 2010 by a computer generated e-mail, wherein I was given a transaction no. 2004236206 assuring that someone from the concerned department will contact me, but nothing of that sort has happened. On April 5th 2010 only I call Samsung Helpline no. also ( 011-30308282 ) and talked to Mr. Jitender, who gave me the transaction no. 8414225255 and also promised to take this up with the concerned authority and ensure that some senior person calls me, but again nothing of that sort happened.

On April 6th 2010 I again called up Samsung Service Provider, Bharat Communication and the lady at the front desk told me that the Service Franchise owner Mr. Bharat himself has gone to main Service Centre of Samsung at Nehru Place to get the fault checked and he will be back in the evening and I will be updated on the status of my mobile, again no one updated me. I was actually surprised on this feedback that my mobile is being taken to main Service Centre of Samsung for fault diagnosis as they had already told me that they have replaced the PCB and IMEI no. updation is pending, which is not happening due to some problem in Samsung’s site.

Again on April 7th 2010 after waiting for the inputs, I called up Bharat Communication in the second half to know the status of my mobile and after being put on hold for long I was told to call up by 6.00 P.M., when I confronted the lady at the front desk, she made me talk to Mr. Ravi, who told me that I can come by 6.00 P.M. and collect my mobile. I reached the Service Centre, Bharat Communication sharp at 6.00 P.M. to collect my mobile. Mr. Ravi attended me and handed over my mobile to me, telling me that PCB has been replaced and INEI no. updation has also been done after the mobile was taken to the main Service Centre of Samsung in Nehru Place. I said fine, let me use this mobile for few days and check whether the re-booting problem has actually been rectified or not and ask for a call report. On this I was told that they will not give me any call report ( wherein details of the action taken and the current status of the mobile was supposed to be mentioned ). Instead I was told to give the receiving of the mobile on the Job card and take the mobile back. When I insisted on getting the call report, the owner of Bharat Communication Mr. Bharat told me that they will not give me any call report and if I have any issue in that I can talk to the people at Samsung. He also offered to write the new IMEI no. ( which actually changed as they replaced main PCB of the mobile phone ) on my bill itself, to which I didn’t agree and insisted on getting the call report, properly mentioning action taken on my mobile to make it up and running and if the IMEI no. has changed, that also is to be documented in the customer call report, to which he didn’t agree.

Then I started trying mobile no. of Mr. Sumit Seth ( 9717766365 ) and left SMS also, but as usual he didn’t pickup my call, neither did he called back. I called up Samsung Helpline ( 011-30308282 ) and talked to Sakshi, Manoj & Sneha. Very unfortunately I have to put this on records that these people seem to be trained to disconnect the phone while customer is sharing his/her problem and just put the phone down saying we are not able to hear your voice.

Further adding to my agony, owner of the Service Centre, Mr. Bharat told me that he has just updated my IMEI no., while I was trying to talk to various people in Samsung and told me that my IMEI no. has not been changed and showed me my original IMEI no. on the mobile screen by executing some command. This was so shocking for me that after telling me the story of IMEI no. being changed and problem being faced in updating the new IMEI no. I am being told that IMEI no. of my mobiles now remains same as earlier.

I again requested Mr. Bharat to give me the customer call report and he simply refused. I therefore have not collected my mobile and have left it with the Service centre, as being a customer I have all the rights to know what Samsung / Samsung Service Providers have done with my mobile, what action have they taken, what part have they replaced. By not giving me a customer call report Samsung and Samsung Service providers are depriving a customer of his rights.

One more problem I face with this mobile, which I discussed with Mr. Bharat, is that I am not able to send or receive business card on this mobile and Mr. Bharat confirmed that there is a problem to which there is no solution as of now.

If we summarize all the facts, Samsung is fleecing it customers by selling inferior quality products, which fail in one month, which have problem in the technology being used and also on account of deficiency of Services to its customers.

Such services are not at all acceptable and are not expected from a company of repute like Samsung.

I have made up my mind that I no longer intend to use Samsung products anymore and want Samsung to refund Rs, 8075/- of my hard earned money I spent on buying Samsung Mobile.

I therefore request you to instruct Samsung management to return my money and penalise Samsung & Samsung Service Provide Bharat Communication for being completely insensitive towards customers, non cooperative and deficiency of services to its customer

Thanks & Regards