Samsung — defective oven
We bought a Samsung 5.8 cu ft freestanding gas range from Sears in November 2013 while we were renovating our kitchen. We turned on the oven the first time almost a whole month later due to the renovation and found that the broiler did not work properly. It would display a "door" message on the panel to indicate something wrong with the door. Later we found that the self-cleaning didn't work. When we started the self-cleaning, after about 10 minutes, it would shut down the self-cleaning and display the same "door" message on the panel. We've had 4 visits from the Sears technicians and the problem still exists. The self-cleaning function never worked. We contacted Sears for a replacement but Sears refused to replace it. We don't want to spend more half-days waiting for the technician to come to fix it. Obviously we got a lemon. Sears' excuse for not replacing the oven was that we didn't have 4 failed "service orders" yet. Sears also played the game of stacking service visits onto a single service order. That would make qualifying for a replacement much harder. That means Sears can set its own rules.
On a separate note, we also bought a Samsung dishwasher from Sears at the same time we bought the oven. The Samsung dishwasher died after the first use and was already replaced because it was completely dead. Samsung seems to have some real quality problems with its products.
More Samsung Complaints & Reviews
- Samsung - refrigerator - I am totally unsatisfied with samsung! 
- Samsung Uk Promo - scam mail! 
- Samsung - customer service 
- Samsung India Software Operations - employees harassment from siso md. 
- Samsung - unbelievably bad customer service! 
- Samsung Mobile Gt-s3770 - replacement
- Samsung - samsung galaxy grand prime
- Samsung - fraudulent business practices 
- Samsung TV - 55 inch smart tv - ua55hu7000r
- Samsung - note 5