Samsung / Air Conditioner Splits / no cooling, faulty compressor

1 India Review updated:

I bought the air conditioner in summer 2005, since then it just worked properly for about 1 month. On complaining, nothing worked out. Service men come every time and say that the a. C. Is working fine and there is no problem despite repeated complaints that once the compressor drips it takes a lot of time to pick up. And now even after 2-3 hrs the compressor doesn't pick up.

I feel either the quality standards of the company are to low or the customer executives are all useless.

Local a. C. S work 100% much better than the samsung a. C. Split. And they are cost effective also.

Comments

• Si
      2nd of May, 2007

Hi,

The above complaint is completely true and I agree to that. We have purchased a 1.5 ton split AC and it did work in winter and autumn season. Once when the summer starts these piece of ### does not work and their service also sucks. The AC mechanic arrive he says no problem with AC and I firmly believe he has no idea of whats wrong? His finding are obvious that the AC is fine and power supply is not correct. Even if we change the power amps supply the AC does not work. we are very poor Indians getting cheated...

• Bi
      3rd of May, 2007

I had the same experience with the 1.5T Samsung split AC.They have the worst customer care and the worst engineers.
    I had purchased it in April and it has never worked properly. They had somebody come in to fix this after about 2 weeks we reported to the customer care and the very same day its back to square one. Now we have asked for a recall of the product and the engineer says he has to check what the problem is and then report to his boss. He also says that the company has certain processes and it will take time to fix any problems. I really wonder if Samsung is going to last.

"Please Never Buy any Samsung Product".

• Tk
      29th of May, 2007

I had the same experience with the 1.5T Samsung split AC. They have the worst customer care and the worst engineers. I had purchased it in may-2006 and it has never worked properly. They had somebody come in to fix this after about 2 weeks we reported to the customer care and the very same day its back to square one. Now we have asked for a recall of the product and the engineer says he has to check what the problem is and then report to his boss. He also says that the company has certain processes and it will take time to fix any problems. I really wonder if Samsung is going to last.

"Please Never Buy any Samsung Product".

4th of Jun, 2007

Guys, its time to start a mail chain on the piece of ### that is Samsung ### AC, which is worst. Even 7 years old LG AC works better and it was worst product decision of my life to have bought this sucker for my bedroom from a ### company called Samsung. I have vowed to never buy a product from this ### company.

The ###s from the company do not realize that the AC trips because of poor quality of Compressor, which just gives up during high heat and does not work for many hours.

PLEASE NEVER BUY A SAMSUNG ### PRODUCT AGAIN

• St
      7th of Jul, 2007

I have had a Samsung split AC for 5 summers and it has never made it through a summer without failing. I have had burned out compressors and circuit boards and other problems, I can't even recall.

30th of Jan, 2008

I am 100% agree that the samsung Split AC is the worst AC in this universe. The Managers, Technicians and even customer care people are also worst. I appeal all the pople that even any one or company gives free of cost also not to accept. 100% gurantee that the Split AC never work.

Moreover it will be a burden to whoever owns.

I purchased in March 2007 since then till now 4 times replaced indoor unit, one time outdoor unit. Nothing is solved. I approached Shoban Kumar- In-charge of AP about this issue, he also not helped and disconnected the phone also.

Later Mr. Jaiprakash came to the picture who is the responsbile for sort out the matterand agreed to refund within 12 working days from 30th Jan,2008.

Letus see how his promise will be turn.

• To
      16th of Mar, 2008

Living in Melbourne with my new Samsung airconditioner have caused my family nightmares. Leaking and cooling problems are a normal thing after nealry a year of use. The warranty expired rendering us 3rd party repair bills. It is probably the worst problematic air conditioner we ever had.
    The other terrible air conditioner is a Panasonic Super Ionizer. Fan motor need replacing twice in a year. PCB had to be replaced. Fan unit slowed down and was replaced.
    We have 4 air conditioners in our house. The most reliable are Toshiba Daiseikai and LG Artcool. Very good cooling and no repair bills at all so far!

• Ed
      29th of May, 2008

ihave a window unit and this will be the second exterior fan blade go bad ( just breaks were the blade connects to the center hub )which sucks theres no place in my town to get the part .

• Gs
      23rd of Jun, 2009

SAMSUNG - CHEAPEST EVER KOREAN MAKE

i agree with a similar problem with Samsunsung Spilt A/c bought in chennai. This company pays their dealers well and they cheat customers by even selling stock old than 10 months and unit failed twice within 6 months of warranty period.

Over the above the ASP fellows are totally unreliable and have no committment . Best part the is the regional office guys ( Samsung direct employees ) are the coolest ... but A/c remains like heater, guys are absolutely cold and deflecting

Pls dont buy samsung a/c looking at their ADs or based on dealers push. This korean make is the cheapest dump in India.

20th of Jul, 2009

it is quite common in India to pass on bugs to another. Samasung staff, either has the habit or has been guided to do so.
    Usually they pass on problem to the power supply.
    If they feel that power supply has the proble, it can be in one or the other case, not in all. Most important parts is, why dont they prove it that power supply is bad by replacing their own labortary tested power supply at the consumer end, may be for three or four days. to prove .