Salvation Army Thrift Store / nasty attitudes
Tonight Friday, November 3, 2016 at approximately 6:00pm I went to my local Salvation Army Thrift store at 453 N Krome Ave Florida City, FL 33034. I went to try on some clothing at 6:30pm as I heard an announcement at 6:55pm that the store would be closing at 7:00pm. As I brought my clothes to the register the Mexican girl on register duty told me that if I was using my card my purchase minimum needed to be 5 dollars as I had sale items, my total was 4.23 so far. As I went to look for something else I could actually use I informed by the Mexican young lady that they were closing. I asked her if I could hold the clothes until the morning and come back to find something and she said No. The store manager came behind her and said the lights go out by a certain time and I needed to leave, she then said didn't I bring cash. I told her No, I just had my card and the Mexican girl chuckled. I continued to look and the Manger said Ms we are closing you really need to leave. I said, if I can't hold my clothes until the morning then you need to allow me time to get something. She said well I am the manager and as a courtesy I will hold your things but you need to be here by 10am tomorrow morning. I said I will. I then said I would have been gone sooner if you said that sooner and she said it's not that serious. I said yes it is. I asked her what her name was and she said Velva. She told me the Mexican girls name at the register to because I asked but I didn't quite get it, it sounded like Reshea. My grandparents were both Brigadiers in the Salvation Army. Lebert Bernard and Valcina Bernard and dedicated their life to service. It's a shame I have to an organization that is an extension of their great work and be met with employees that have no idea what the organization stands for!
More Salvation Army Thrift Store Complaints & Reviews
- The Salvation Army - donations spent on officers, not the needy 
- Salvation Army - discrimination 
- The Salvation Army - working for them is horrible 
- The Salvation Army Phoenix Arc - abusive director of rehab services 
- The Salvation Army - stealing from the salvation army 
- The Salvation Army USA - family thrift store 
- The Salvation Army USA - items being thrown in the dumpster that I wanted to buy.
- The Salvation Army USA - senior discounts 
- The Salvation Army USA - recycling pickup with truck in barre vermont.
- The Salvation Army USA - bed rent contract at shelter crossroad