Salvation Army Thrift Store / nasty attitudes

1 Florida, NY, United States

Tonight Friday, November 3, 2016 at approximately 6:00pm I went to my local Salvation Army Thrift store at 453 N Krome Ave Florida City, FL 33034. I went to try on some clothing at 6:30pm as I heard an announcement at 6:55pm that the store would be closing at 7:00pm. As I brought my clothes to the register the Mexican girl on register duty told me that if I was using my card my purchase minimum needed to be 5 dollars as I had sale items, my total was 4.23 so far. As I went to look for something else I could actually use I informed by the Mexican young lady that they were closing. I asked her if I could hold the clothes until the morning and come back to find something and she said No. The store manager came behind her and said the lights go out by a certain time and I needed to leave, she then said didn't I bring cash. I told her No, I just had my card and the Mexican girl chuckled. I continued to look and the Manger said Ms we are closing you really need to leave. I said, if I can't hold my clothes until the morning then you need to allow me time to get something. She said well I am the manager and as a courtesy I will hold your things but you need to be here by 10am tomorrow morning. I said I will. I then said I would have been gone sooner if you said that sooner and she said it's not that serious. I said yes it is. I asked her what her name was and she said Velva. She told me the Mexican girls name at the register to because I asked but I didn't quite get it, it sounded like Reshea. My grandparents were both Brigadiers in the Salvation Army. Lebert Bernard and Valcina Bernard and dedicated their life to service. It's a shame I have to an organization that is an extension of their great work and be met with employees that have no idea what the organization stands for!

Nov 3, 2016