Salvation Army / employee (stacey)

1 Portage MI, United States

I visited the salvation army on portage road in kalamazoo mi on 11/18/2016 around 7-8pm. I bought 5 items of clothing the cashier told me the total was 21 dollars. I tried to pay with a visa card but they told me I couldn't use my visa card because it was a gift card. The cashier was nice and friendly and held my clothes for me because I told her I would be back as I went home to get another form of payment. I returned 20 minutes later and encountered a different cashier. She said she had to re-ring the items. She re-rang the items and said the total was 24.27 with my student discount. I asked her why the total was different and she just said the other cashier must have rang it up wrong and there was nothing she could do about it. She wasn't nice and wouldn't even apologize or anything for there mistake. I brought the visa card back and asked her if she could try and run it because I've used it there before and didn't have a problem. It went through fine and it worked the last time I used it there. She wouldn't even try and run it. She just kept saying she wouldn't try it because she was positive it wouldn't work. I asked her why and she wouldn't give me an answer she just kept saying gift cards wouldn't work I kept telling her it wasn't a gift card it's a credit card. She was rude and not helpful. She was very short with me, kept interrupting me while I was trying to talk to her and wouldn't listen. I visit salvation army often and have never had a problem or been treated rudely. Every other employee I've interacted with has been very nice and helpful except her. The name on the receipt said Stacey as the cashier. Stacy isn't very nice. She was standing next to the first cashier I encountered. It seemed as if she was training her which makes me wonder why the totals were different when she was right next to the first cashier. I will still visit salvation army despite the rude way I was treated I just hope Stacey has a better attitude or not there when I return. I like the store and appreciate how nice and helpful the other employees are. If you would like to speak with me my name is Kendra S and my number is [protected]. My email is [protected]@gmail.com if that works better. Thank you for your time.

Ke