American Red Cross Logo

American Red Cross

Having problems with American Red Cross?

1800 733 2767 (Customer Service)
+1 202 303 5214 (National Headquarters Staff Directory)
+1 202 303 4498 (Public Inquiries)
+1 800 367 5690 (Employment Verification)
+1 888 316 4695 (Existing Vendors)
431 18th Street, NW
Washington, District of Columbia
United States - 20006

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with American Red Cross.

Complaints & Reviews

American Red Cross Employee

One of your employees, Albert Flores, from Brookshire Texas, while dressed in official ARC clothing with shirt, hat, and vest, has been consistently harassing volunteer firefighters. He has already had a restraining order against him for stalking the Chief. Today he was parked outside that department with his lights shining on them. When the firemen asked if he needed anything he became angry and started cussing and yelling. This event was recorded. It looks very bad on the American Red Cross to be represented by an individual that acts out in an aggressive manner at volunteers.

Employee
Employee

American Red Cross Delay in receiving cpr certificate

I signed up and paid $177.00 for a Red Cross CPR class for August 5, 2020 at 11:30 am. The week before the class Red Cross changed the date to August 6, 2020 at 11:30 am. There was a conflict in my schedule and I was not able to attend the class on August 6, 2020. I called Red Cross and asked if I could take the class with an affiliate of theirs that I saw on their website. They said yes, so I cancelled the August 6th class and paid $85.00 for CPR Training with Gifted Hands on Thursday, August 6, 2020bat 4:45 pm. After 4 days I emailed Gifted Hands to check the status of my certificate. She said she submitted my name to Red Cross on Friday, August 7, 2020. As of yet, I have not received my CPR certificate.

Documents, emails and proof of payments are readily available if needed.
    Please address my concern and process my CPR certificate as soon as possible.

American Red Cross Phlebotomist

7/31/20 - ARC phlebotomist - Allana Beyar ruined our blood drive and we were forced to cancel it. She bad mouthed our organization & lied about the employees not wearing face masks. She herself did not wear a face mask but only 50% of the time that she was here and did not enforce the others in her group to wear face coverings. She spoke unprofessionally regarding out stringent safety policies and was rude to our employees and to Diana - the coordinator for the ARC. We made concessions to accomodate the drive and because of Allana, we had to cancel due to her fabricating that we were and unsafe organization.

American Red Cross Donor screening

I went to Durham Blood Center. Was told there that since I was a nurse who had cared for covid patients in the last 28 days that I wasn't eligible to donate. First-as a nurse we could be unaware of covid status particularly if the patient is asymptomatic or symptoms mimic another chronic problem. I told them i had tested negative 3x and was still refused. I have given blood for 40 years-thru times of caring for TB+ patients, HIV/Aids patients, and "Mad cow" disease patients and i have never been refused.

May 08, 2020

American Red Cross — My experience trying to donate blood

Today, Friday May 8th 2020, I, Madison Wagoner, went to try and donate blood at a local Red Cross blood drive...

Mar 31, 2020

American Red Cross — Employee ppe - effingham, illinois office

Employees from the St. Louis, MO division were working with employees from the Effingham, IL division. St...

Mar 28, 2020

American Red Cross — CPR and Emergency First Aid Training

I contacted the Montgomery, AL American Red Cross to secure CPR and First Aid Training for 3 staff to become...

Mar 27, 2020

American Red Cross — Volunteering

I was a volunteer to the Red Cross for several years. It took one month to reach someone about volunteering...

Feb 03, 2020

American Red Cross — employee

Went to blood drive as a walk in on 02320 at Harmony Grove Rd in Lilburn GA. I signed in and took a seat next...

Nov 20, 2019

American Red Cross — education staff yelling at red cross employees

someone was taking an annual exam. another staff member asked the person (teacher) if she could help with a...

American Red Cross donating blood

W2003-[protected]
          My donation experience on Saturday November 2nd, 2019 has made me never want to donate blood ever again. There's a pop up by my house that I go to every time they have an event. I've never had an issue and it's always been fast and easy, until today. The phlebotomists stuck the needle in my arm, then apparently my blood stopped flowing, he adjusted the needle and still no blood, tried one more time. No blood. A second person came over to give it a go, still nothing. A third person came over and adjusted the needle, put a buffer under my arm to prop it up, still no blood. A felt something strange and looked over at my arm and it's covered in blood, a fourth person had to come over and start wiping up the blood. She cleaned my arm, wrapped it up, apologized and sent me on my way... I got zero explanation why this happened or what was going on. So I'm left not wanting to ever donate again and a vivid image on my blood covering my arm.

American Red Cross staff/procedure/violation of conduct

My boyfriend was donating blood this today at our school's blood drive, he had never donated before or had to have is blood drawn prior to this, so it was all new to him. In the papers he signed prior to the procedure, it said if it hurt too much or if the donator felt uncomfortable they can stop. He told them multiple times it hurt and he didn't feel well, however the lady treating him said "You have to keep squeezing (the glove to help his blood come out) I'm not going to stop until you're finished" and walked away. I found this to violate the papers my boyfriend had signed. My boyfriend had been generous enough to donate blood and they wouldn't let him stop.

Oct 19, 2019

American Red Cross — undertrained staff

I have been donating blood for 16 years and have never had a donation be so painful that I jump out of the...

American Red Cross denial of resources designated for citizens of jefferson county affected by this sudden and dramatic surge of water

The local news channels will be getting this story from my wife and I as well as the fb group created to monitor these typs of incedenss at the civilians level epically since getting any info from the redcross is like cutting steel with silly string u can try but probably not going to happen all in all I hope someone takes this seorious because we do!

Oct 11, 2019

American Red Cross — blood donation

On 10/11/19 I had an appointment to donate blood platelets to the Red Cross location at the above location...

Sep 24, 2019

American Red Cross — blood donation

I went to my schools blood drive, Miyamura High School, on 09-24-19 around 2pm. The assistant responsible for...

American Red Cross reporting: regina johnson

Regina Johnson my son grandmother have been sending disturbing messages to my phone about my disabled child, by her son Brian. Regina and Brian other child's mother Jasmine have been playing on my phone. Brian Foote' and I have broken up over this on going harrassment. I'm not understanding of how a women who works for the community can constantly engage in such negative activities. Regina is a manager at one of the St.Louis Red Cross locations. Just last week she tried to report me for child neglect, while I was in the Hospital. The police came to my home, and after showing proof of my whereabouts the police didn't file a report. I have witnesses of the situation to prove my case.

American Red Cross locations signs

Good morning,
                  My name is Adriana Colon my husband and I was scheduled yesterday 9/10/19 @ 6:15 & 6:30 to donate blood at Oxford Valley Mall. My issue is I could not find them. I walked the whole mall asked employees at the mall to see if they had any idea of the location. To only be informed that's they themselves weren't aware that it was even happening.

Jul 17, 2019

American Red Cross — blood donation

Below are details confirming your upcoming donation appointment: Sponsor Name: Eaton Site: Eaton Addre...

Jun 22, 2019

Red Cross — cna testing

Older white woman with short blond spiky hair on June 21st, cna testing was rude, sarcastic, raised her...

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices