Sally's Beauty Supply / uneducated staff

Suite 2-83 Carry Dr Se, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 4035265880

I used to shop at Sally's all the time. Even when we didn't have a store in my city I'd order online. We got a store in Medicine Hat. The sales associate knew nothing about hair. I tried to dye my blonde hair brown, and the girl sold me hair color with no developer. So what ended up happening was, it blew my cuticles wide open and thus wrecking my hair and my brand new 20 inch extension. My hair started breaking off halfway down the strand, and some even falling out at the roots. I had to cut off the majority of my hair and buy a partial wig. I contacted their customer service and all they said basically was that they were going to contact their manager. I sent my sister into the store about a month later to talk to the same woman, and the sales associate suggested the same product. I contacted the Sally's contact centre again, and they told me the same thing but this time offered me 20% off.  This whole experience  cost me around $525.. I'm sorry but 20% off isn't going to help my hair grow back, or get the money I've spent back. I used to buy lots of products from Sally's.. Needless to say, I don't anymore. The sales associate actually turned out to be the manager of the Sally's beauty supply store in medicine hat Alberta Canada. I'm not sure how to spell her name but her name Lorraine Rabbie. She needs to educate herself before she ruins more people's hair.

Ax

Comments

• Al
      21st of Jan, 2010
    Sally's Beauty Supply - Poor Management
    Sally Beauty Supply
    Moultrie
    Georgia

This store seems to be a joke anymore. There are children always
    hanging around and you have people hanging all out front of this
    storefront. Can someone find out what is going on here? Customer
    service is POOR!!

• Fo
      5th of Jun, 2012

Sometimes people need to understand that THEY ARE NOT HAIRDRESSERS they give suggestions and your not paying for a service, so everything you purchase is at your best judgement and risk. another thing people need to learn how to read the instruction because clearly of you did or had read the instructions you wouldn't have messed up your hair, next time instead of asking and employee at Sally's u should go blow your 525$ at a salon were they are LISCENCED to do so,

• In
      6th of Jun, 2012

They shouldn't be giving advice if they don't know anything about the products. And there shouldn't be a store like this if the sales associates have no idea what they are even talking about.

• Ka
      6th of Jun, 2012

You need to do your research before dying your hair...especially if you just had extensions put in. Even people with salon experience don't always recommend the right products and Sally's is nothing but a store. You're not going to get salon professionals in there. Just like you wouldn't ask someone who works at Wal*Mart which foundation would be good for your skin or something.

Also, always read the instructions. All dyes state whether or not they require a developer, how much, etc. Perhaps the girl working there didn't know that you didn't have developer? After all, their products do state on the label that they should be used by professionals only.

6th of Jun, 2012

You wouldn't walk into a doctors office and know exactly what you need, because youve done your research on how chemicals effect your brain. Or into home depot for flooring without needing a sales associate to help you pick out everything you need. To sell a product you should know about the product, otherwise how are you going to sell it? I'm Guessing the people who disagree with you (the previous comments) are Sally's staff members or know someone that works there. If half my hair got fried off I'd be mad too. I was actually in Sally's the other day and they ignored me, I waited in line for 15 minutes to pay for my items and the girl decided to receive the stock and answer the phone before she helped the 4 customers waiting in line. Every time I go into the medicine hat Sally's, there are always boxes everywhere and staff that ignores me. I agree the staff is very ill informed, even the manager Lorraine Rabbe has no idea what she is talking about. And to whom made the complaint, I agree with you. And if it was your responsibility to know everything about the products, you would be working there, or you would have went to hair school. Dying your hair from blonde to brown, should have been simple. It's a little ridiculous they couldn't help you out. I hope your hair grows out and don't shop there anymore.

• Ax
      7th of Jun, 2012

The sales associate read the instructions and told me that's all I needed, she even said how long to leave it on for. I'm not a stupid person, I figured the sales associate would know what she was talking about especially when she even read the package. She was fully aware that I did not have developer. You can make up as many scenarios as you want, it won't make my hair grow back any faster, and it's not going to make the Sally's staff anymore informed.  I have spent the money going to a salon as well. Coloring my hair BROWN shouldn't have led to such a horrible experience. I've been to a salon, I've spent the money. I was blonde for a long time, so obviously you have to spend the money to make it look nice. Coloring my hair brown should have been very easy, but it wasn't considering what happened. I voiced this incident so it wouldn't happen to others because I already know quite a few other people that have had similar in store experiences.  You can disagree with me til you're blue in the face, it doesn't change my horrible in store experience

• Li
      7th of Dec, 2012

First off, this story (and I say story because it is far from fact) is completely implausible. Color with no developer would do NOTHING to your hair except maybe stain it, the developer is the activator, it is what makes the color 'work' in simple terms. So, there is no way this caused you hair to break and fall out at the root, even bleach with 40 volume developer would take a significant amount of time past normal processing time in order to do damage to normal healthy hair. I know this, as I am a licenced hair stylist.
    It sounds to me like you and the other person who commented (Chelsea) on this thread have something personal against this women, otherwise how would you know her last name, that is not something a staff member would or should give out to the public. In regards to Chelsea’s comment - Shocking that you would go in to the store when they are receiving stock and there would be boxes; you are an observant one huh?
    To both of you, I would like to inform you of the two definitions, the first being - SLANDER: a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report. (It’s a fancy legal term for lie.) The other is - TROLL: general Internet consensus defines a troll a 'one who makes comments simply to get a rise or cause conflict. This complaint and certain comments following, fall under both of these, so trolls go why not just go back under your bridge and let a new store and new staff have some time to learn and find the right people. Staffing is an issue that most businesses/managers in Medicine Hat have to deal, so I am sure this women has faced challenges in this area. Although, everytime I have been there the staff have been polite, freindly and helpful, so maybe the problem is with the trolls and not the manager and staff.