Sallie Mae / Horrible company all together!

1 MA, United States Review updated:

Sallie Mae is a horrible comapany all together. Customer service is probably the worst and no one knows anything. I wanted to pay off a loan which was over $20, 000 and they had the nerve to ask me why I wanted to pay it off and I should split the money up to pay other loans. Just today I called to speak to someone about a forbearance due to our economy and my recent lay-off. The lady informed me that they no longer did 6 months they decide how long you should have maybe 3 months manybe even two she told me. Who are these people? Do they have souls? She was the rudest person yet. They want you to pay a $150 fee to put your account into a forbearance...where does that money go? not my loan accounts! and now every 2-3 months!! HORRIBLE COMPANY!

Je

Comments

Jo
  27th of Oct, 2008

I recomend that anyone involved with Salie Mae take a look at these websites:

One of them explains what happened to allow an altogther evil organization to gain so much power. The other one gives you an explaination of the things you can do if you are a victim of this blatently criminal organization. I wish I could say there's encouragment here, but there isn't. The best thing to do is NOT to use Sallie Mae. They are exempt from consumer protection laws and it is illegal for any other lending institute to compete with them. So once you have a loan with Sallie Mae, you can NEVER refinance with someone else. Just use credit cards to pay for school, then file bankruptcy. It is cheaper, faster and safer than using Sallie Mae. Or, be a resident of California where there is no tuition in their state schools.

Jl
  30th of Mar, 2009

Sallie mae has the rudes people why is the goverment letting them fleece us. Have we not been screwed enough. Low lifes run it