Safeway / unethical behavior
I'm a frequent customer at Safeway and today I went to Store 1428 located on 299 South Van Dorn Street to purchase a gallon of milk and a bottle of wine. I arrived at the store about 10 minutes before midnight. I joined the checkout line to purchase the 2 items, milk and wine at about 11:54 pm. There were 2 other customers in front of me. When the cashier, Farishta Rasool begun to ring up my 2 items, it was 11:58 pm, or 2 minutes before midnight. She asked for my ID for the wine purchase even though I'm a regular customer at that Safeway store, and I provided it to her. She then proceeded to ring up my milk item but subsequently informed me that I could not purchase the bottle of wine because it was midnight. I responded to her that I had stood in line for a time before midnight, about 5 minutes in fact. She continued for about 2 minutes to explain and make excuses as to why she could not complete the sale. I listened and I continued to buy the gallon of milk, but what happened was not right. Virginia and Alexandria city ABC laws/regulations mandate a restriction on that type of wine sale from the midnight hour to 6am. I'm not aware of any right enjoyed by Farishata Rasool that allows her to prevent me from purchasing a bottle of wine before the midnight hour. I think it is inappropriate for her to use her personal views on the consumption of alcohol to bar a lawful sale. I have not experienced difficulty being a customer at this Safeway store or other discriminatory practices in the past. My experience today was disappointing.
More Safeway Complaints & Reviews
- Safeway - false 
- Safeway - conduct unbecoming of the store manager named michael 
- Safeway - safeway store manager 
- Safeway - crv charge for meat! 
- Safeway $10 Off $75 Purchase Coupon - misleading coupon 
- Safeway - Cashier guest experience
- Safeway - Empty shelves. Careless cachier and bagger. ripped plastic bags.
- Safeway - customer service 
- Safeway - cashier is discriminative, unprofessional
- Safeway - poor customer service at deli