Safeway / scanner overcharge
The scanners are charging different prices than the price listed on the shelf. When I called to alert the store staff to the issue (not asking for any reimbursement honestly it's so small its not worth my time to drive back and claim it) they were rude and handed me off to a stock boy to explain it too. When I described the products I had been overcharged on so he could correct the error and prevent future people from being ripped off, he said "they are still overcharging? That happened to me earlier today when I bought myself a soda". That sent off a red flag to me that the store staff knew about the issue but took no action to correct it, preferring instead to continue overcharging customers. Later today I will call the Alameda County Weights and Measures to file a formal complaint. I know Safeway was sued in 2007/2008 for overcharging looks like they have not learned their lesson and made any changes to their business practices.
It's only $2.40 out of my pocket this time but it signals a much larger problem with Safeway as an honest business.
More Safeway Complaints & Reviews
- Safeway - false 
- Safeway - conduct unbecoming of the store manager named michael 
- Safeway - safeway store manager 
- Safeway - crv charge for meat! 
- Safeway $10 Off $75 Purchase Coupon - misleading coupon 
- Safeway - home delivery
- Safeway - bakery
- Safeway - employees ripping off baked turkey breast from deli 
- Safeway 100 South 2nd street San Jose Ca 95113 store number 2934 - payment not received
- Safeway - food product