Royal Holiday / business of customer care

I work for Royal Holiday in customer care. When someone signs a contract they are obligated to pay the amounts for the time period. We have contracts for thirty years, and members pay dues for this time. Because of the nature of the contract the members are obligated to pay the resorts operating expenses, and so if there is a problem, the dues go up. The terms of the membership vary depending on how much is put down initially. Until the full amount is paid, for example, for the premier package of 60,000 points, it is around $30,000,00, a member does not qualify to book a vacation. Also, we are not obliged to book vacations at resorts where travel agents are still selling vacations, until we know that no other guests are booking the room. For example, if BookIt.com needs the rooms for their clients they get the rooms. That is why so often members are told no availability.

I get tired of all the Americans crying and wanting to cancel the memberships. You should have researched the product and company before spending that kind of money. A fool and their money are soon parted. But, this is not my problem. The law is on our side. Anyone that is so stupid to sign a contract in a foreign country after being promised things that are too good to be true deserved to be screwed. I have read pages on the internet about problems members think they have, but they brought this on to them self. When we do cancel contracts and refund money it is because the person has taken the time to find the places to file complaints, and have documented the attempts to have services provided and that we have not done so. Also, the Mexican law that states there is a five day cancellation period is purposely not on the contracts so that you did not cancel on time, then you can not cancel. It is simple. You don't know your rights, you should have waited, and researched. Now it is too late.

D  28th of May, 2007 by
This is stupid. I saw a posting by this creep on other site, saying he was making good to a complainant, that proved to be a lie. What does he think he is doing, discouraging people from seeking refunds? This is a reason no to do business with them, they make fun of Americans.
A  31st of May, 2007 by
Yeah, this is just like them, believe they can degrade us Americans, and laugh all the way to the bank. One day we will get the U.S. State Department to give out the warning they have on their web site to Americans on the way to the Mexican resorts and then their racket will end. It is just a matter of time before the power of the Internet will get enough people to pressure our State Department to have airlines pass out the information that is on the web site instead of us finding it after the scam is over. I know some victims have printed it up and gone to airports near their houses and passed it out to passengers getting on Mexican bound flights.
D  9th of Jun, 2007 by
What a jerk, this is a voice of a sociopath. Anyone who works for them must be sociopaths.
D  18th of Jun, 2007 by
This complaint should be removed as spam. This is obviously a thinly veiled attempt to salvage the reputation of this scam by the very perpetrators of the scam. Exactly what one would expect from this group of sharks.
A  21st of Aug, 2007 by
This fellow is obviously a water carrier for Royal Holiday and is paid for.
N  7th of Jul, 2008 by
There is no truth to this Comment. Royal Holiday get a bad rep. because of individual sales person who do not explain the concept properly to their clients.
A member can begin to use the membership before the purchase price is paid in full.
N  24th of Nov, 2008 by
Is really sad to read from a Customer Service Representative, those comments, when their salaries, come from America size, don't be arrogant, would be from USA, your Cancun would be nothing.
N  2nd of Jun, 2015 by
I dont believe this law -thing! RHC doesnt even seem to obey any law itself! I hope folk reads my complaints. Sorry my English though..
N  2nd of Nov, 2016 by
OH dear! I just run into this forum, I SOOOO invite you to read this article,

I think It will pretty much say everything that needs to be say.
I went through a horrible experience with this resort, and I'm out of three thousand dollars right now BUT I'm in a process to cancel my timeshare.

Royal Holiday Vacation Club Logo Royal Holiday Vacation Club