Rowenta Iron / Steam Iron

1 Green Bay, WI, United States Review updated:

I purchased a Rowenta Steam Iron which is not
cheap in price and it stopped working. My husband
took it apart and found that the cord was burnt off
in the Cord Support. This could have caused a fire,
I think Rowenta needs to do something about this
before they ahve a law suit against them for a
home burning down.

Gr

Comments

• Vf
      21st of Jan, 2011

I spoke with a Rowenta Customer Service person today about my iron that did catch on fire. I told them of my concern that someone could be injured or lose a life. My house could have burned down if I were not home. They were indifferent and didn't really even seem to care. I did not feel very valued at all as a customer.

• Co
      10th of Jul, 2011

I recently had a similar issue with my rowenta dx 9300. My iron cord actually did catch fire. I recommend filing a report with the cpsc at www.saferproducts.gov.

• Tm
      5th of Nov, 2011
    ROWENTA IRON - I am very disappointed
    ROWENTA IRON

I have a rowenta iron for less than a year. Model No.DZ2060 U1.
    The wire cover split and I got a short. It frightened me so that I threw out the iron and don't even know if I was covered under warranty. I am a senior citizen and have owned several irons for the last 60 years and have never experienced this type of short. I am very disappointed because I had heard many nice things about this iron. This experience has put a bad taste against your iron and will not be buying a rowenta in the future, nor will I recommend it to friends and family.

• Ke
      21st of Nov, 2012

A friend and myself have the model DX9080 that has a short in the cord and only 2 yrs old. These need to be recalled before someone burns their house down

• Br
      16th of Feb, 2016

Right out of the blue my Rowenta iron(DW5000) started leaking.A lot!My husband checked it all over.It was not dropped.Called Rowenta to no avail!They could have cared less!A product as expensive as Rowenta should stand by their product better!

• Br
      16th of Feb, 2016

Right out of the blue, my Rowenta iron started leaking.A lot!My husband checked it all over.It was NOT dropped.Called Rowenta. They could care less.pretty.Pretty bad customer service delivery for such an expensive product!