Roto Rooter / snake

6731 front roayl rd, Springfield, VA, United States Review updated:

Several weeks ago, I had RR out to snake a pipe. The service man was very professional so I was fine with paying the price he mentioned (although we thought $365 was steep), but it was my understanding, as he explained on our bill, that he was only able to go 4 to 5 feet before he experienced a block and could not continue with no guarantee to the work. Because of this, we rented our own snake and my father was able to go 35 feet with no problems.
Since then, I have tried numerous times to contact people at the Roto Rooter offices for an explanation, only to have the line keep ringing until it circles back to the general message, or to leave a message that is never returned. I did speak to Ron Shifflett once (after leaving several voice messages) and he claimed the service man was able to go 40 feet (the invoice and our conversation did not indicate that-otherwise we wouldn't have rented our own equipment). He said he would call me back after speaking to the service man again but its been 2weeks. He has not returned my call or email.

Ih

Comments

• Ro
      Apr 11, 2011

We regret that you are currently having an issue. We would like to investigate this matter, can you please contact our Roto-Rooter customer service representative at pat.[protected]@rrsc.com with your contact information? Thank you!

• Mo
      Apr 11, 2011

Sounds like Roto Rooter is scamming people. Adding them to the never call list.

• Ih
      May 17, 2011

After several weeks of following up on my requests by submitting a complaint to the national customer service rep (Pat Swanson), and disputing the charge on my credit card, I was refunded half of the cost. The manager was apologetic and was under the impression that someone else was fixing my issue.