Menu

complaints

AES Indiana Complaints Summary

13 Resolved
9 Unresolved
Our verdict: While AES Indiana has an above-average resolution rate, there’s room for improvement. Investigate common issues reported by customers and understand how they were resolved. Be prepared to follow up on your queries if needed, and keep detailed records of all interactions.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for AES Indiana has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of AES Indiana. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

AES Indiana complaints 22

Sort by:

Newest AES Indiana complaints

C
10:50 am EDT

AES Indiana 13% rate hike and replacing meter with/a smart meter

How are you today...

I am erricka banks, a resident and tax payer for state of indiana.

There are 2 complaints I am filing today against aes:

1st...

Replacing old meter w/a smart meter, w/o consent of me (rental property payee) nor consent of the property owner... I want the smart meter removed; this matter has been reported to property owner... Property owner did not provide consent nor was property owner consulted prior placing a smart meter on the property. I am sure... Aes had a 3rd party contractor replacing units via 'implied consent'. This is not acceptable.

Please provide proper procedure for having the smart meter removed.

2nd...

I am protesting the 13% proposed rate hike, aes is submitting for approval... How greedy of aes w/no financial remorse towards struggling citizens of indiana. Many whom are struggling monetarily, due to increased unemployment, inflation and a recession probability that grows in real time value each day.

I am filing this complaint to the governor of indiana, as well as the attorney general of indiana.

This total disregard on behalf of aes board members only proves, this organization is seeking to push the policies of an unsupported 'green new deal', deplete and challenge financial resources of indiana households…showing itself to be a practicing woke company... Seeking to implement nefarious policies by the committee of 300 aka 'the olympians'.

V/r,

Erricka banks

[protected]@gmail.com

Desired outcome: 1st...Smart Meter Removed and Replaced w/the Old Meter Reader 2nd...For AES to Decrease Rates Versus Hiking ThemStop the Practice of the 'Roman Nexium in Law'...'For He That Would Be Deceived, Let Him'.

View 0 more photos
K
12:50 pm EDT

AES Indiana service disconnect

currently applied and for EAP 2021,2022, and 2023. all approved and processed. lost my job as company closed due to covid. actively looking. i have tried my best to make payments when possible and now they have disconnect my water and power. i am still not working- my GF recently moved in and offered to get the utilties in her name which would make her a new customer and now they won't let her because of my prior bill. if a new customer is not responsible for prior customer service why was she turned down and told she can get service once prior customer has paid. that makes no sense if new customer is not responsible for prior service the utilities should be in her name

Desired outcome: allow my gf to put citizens and aes in her name - then make payment arrange pay my prior usage.

5:48 pm EDT

AES Indiana Electric

AES is very unfair.

On 5/25/2023 I was told by a supervisor at AES that if I could pay 610.05 on that day that I would not be on a payment plan (which was 267.00 /120 payment extension amt +147.00 current bill amt which had to be paid by the 16th of June) and all I would owe would be 147.00 which is the current amount for June 16th. Well I manage to pay the 610.05 on the 25th of May like the supervisor said and was saying thank God my power bills will be current from here on, but that was not the case, because after several days I got back on line to check my account and it was saying that I owed 267 (the payment arrangement amount) instead 147, I called AES and 4 different reps (2 supervisor) tried their best to make me believe that 267 was what I owed, in other words 120 pass due amount and 147 current amount. They say that calls to AES are recorded so I ask if they could go back and listen to the call log for the 25th of May not only was it discussed about 610.05 but also about 267.00 payment arrangement had I not paid the 610.05, but no the rep did not want to do that. Now come the 16th of June I run the risk of disconnection because they say I owe 267.00 I swear I can't win for losing with AES really sad.

Desired outcome: Don't know, scared to ask

Is AES Indiana legit?

Our verdict: AES Indiana has achieved a rare feat of perfection in legitimacy, as per the rigorous analysis conducted by Complaints Board. This achievement underscores AES Indiana's position as a benchmark of trust and quality within its industry. Users and clients of AES Indiana can engage with its offerings, confident in the knowledge that they are dealing with a top-tier, fully legitimized company.

AES Indiana earns 100% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: AES Indiana achives 100% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

AES Indiana has received positive review on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

A long registered date for aesindiana.com can be seen as a positive aspect for AES Indiana as it indicates a commitment to maintaining the website and its domain name for a long period of time. It also suggests that the company is organized and has taken steps to secure its online presence.

The age of AES Indiana's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Aesindiana.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows AES Indiana website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Aesindiana.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

AES Indiana as a website that uses an external review system. While this can provide valuable feedback and insights, it's important to carefully evaluate the source of the reviews and take them with a grain of salt.

We looked up AES Indiana and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

Aesindiana.com regularly updates its policies to reflect changes in laws, regulations. These policies are easy to find and understand, and they are written in plain language that is accessible to all customers. This helps customers understand what they are agreeing to and what to expect from AES Indiana.

9:52 am EDT

AES Indiana My power bill

My name is Phyllis Vance, I have tried to get assistance from all the resources they have here in indianapolis that help with power bills (because there is not much help in the spring & summer months as it is in the winter months). I am presently on a payment plan of 120.00 in addition to what ever the amount the current bill is each month for 6 months, so with that being said my bill for this month is 294.87. My problem is I'm not going to be able to pay this amount by the due date of [protected] and if it goes unpaid until after [protected] I will be in default of the payment plan and the whole amount of 892.05 will be due and I will be disconnected if I can't pay it in full. I'm on a monthly fixed income from social security disability because I'm disabled, the amount of this power bill (once it goes into default) is nearly the whole amount of what I get per month from social security and I still have to consider paying to keep a roof over my head too. This high balance is a result of me moving to the location I'm at now, the old bill or final bill was added

from my old address when I moved to my new location. I feel I will continue to struggle with my power bill (because the 120 payment is a lot for me considering I have to pay rent too) as long as I have this balance hanging over my head and my power will be shut off. I live here with my grandson and I was considering moving out and taking the service out my name because this his apartment (he is the lease holder) so that he could start new service in his name, and the AES representative said that he could still have to pay my bill from my account to get service in his name, this is my grandson not my husband why should he be responsible for my bill if I move out (I feel like this is so unfair to him)? I just don't know what else to do.

M
12:50 am EDT

AES Indiana Payment

A few months ago, I set up auto payment using my debit card with Citizens energy group. I tried to find how to set this up with AES Indiana but have not been able to find where to set this up. If this service isn't an option could it be, it would be much easier since I collect disability, then I would know for sure my bill was paid on time. Please consider this option.

Kimberly Hayes
Account # 628613
Email - [protected]@live.com

Desired outcome: To be able to have my payment automatically paid by my debit card. I would like any response to this request.

4:22 pm EDT

AES Indiana Unused Utility poles in yard for 3 years

2 utility poles were left on the ground in the common area of Knollwood at the Creek subdivision about 3 years ago. They are across the street from 6610 Sargent Road, Indianapolis 46256. I have tried to get them removed by calling several times but with no resolution. The last time I called was in fall 2022, when I was told they would be removed.

The subdivision is located off of Sargent Road just north of Fall Creek Road.

Jane Lichtenberg

President Knollwood at the Creek Homeowners Assn.

[protected]

Desired outcome: Removal

AES Indiana has left an official reply on this complaint.

AES Indiana Prior to requesting to have my electric service disconnected on 10/22, I had paid IPL, now known ad AESIndiana, an initial deposit of $140

Prior to requesting to have my electric service disconnected on 10/22, I had paid IPL, now known ad AESIndiana, an initial deposit of $140 to start services, a deposit that had incurred $14.64 in interest since paying said deposit. The account attached to my address had an already standing credit of $1674.53 prior to my ending of services. After my deposit and interest was applied to my account, the final credit amount owed to me is $2253.72. Per the final *** I received via e-billing on 10/25, my refund check should have mailed within 10 days of that date, as of today, 11/14, which is 20 days after receiving that final e-***, I have yet to receive said refund check. I have reached out to the company and have not yet received a response. I am just requesting a refund of the credit on my account. I will attach a photo of the final e-*** for reference.

Read full review of AES Indiana and 1 comment

1 comment
D. Lang
Newport News, US
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

On March 6, 2022, lightning struck a tree near our home which in turn broke the security light on our property which AES owns and we pay for monthly. I notified AES on March 7th, Within a week or so, AES came out to repair the security light. It could not be repaired because of a frayed power line to our home. AES stated that a ticket was put in to repair the frayed power line and then to repair the security light. When I received my next *** in early April, I noticed AES was charging me for the security light. I contacted AES and was told that it would be taken care of and I would see a credit on my next ***.I just received this month's *** and, while there is a credit. AES is still charging me for the security light and still has not fixed either the frayed power line or the security light.AES behavior is criminal in my opinion.

M
AES Indiana has left an official reply on this complaint.

AES Indiana My husband and I called into AES regarding tree limbs that has fallen on power lines behind our fence in our back yard

My husband and I called into AES regarding tree limbs that has fallen on power lines behind our fence in our back yard. They told us it could take up to two weeks for someone to come out to remove the tree limbs as it was not an emergency because there was no power outage. On AES's website it states that if they come out due to an emergency to remove tree limbs, that they will not remove the debris from your property...As the woman stated on the phone, this was not an emergency so I didn't think there'd be any issues with them also removing the debris. On 7/8, AES came out, cut down way more than just what had fallen and threw it into our yard. Now the only option for us to remove the debris is to rent a dumpster for at least $300. I have called AES twice and have been given the run around. I would simply like them to send someone back out to pick up the debris.

Read full review of AES Indiana and 2 comments

2 comments
H
H
H. Ankunding
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have been charged a $368 deposit charge for a service that was disconnected. I had accidentally paid another company through my chase app instead of AES the prior month and was waiting to receive the *** to pay the prior month and for the current months ***. The next thing I know, a door *** rings with a letter on our door in which the person who came out didnt even talk to us and our power was shut off. Within 15 minutes of that power being shut off, I paid the full payment off, but now with this new months ***, they want a $368 deposit. I ABSOLUTELY REFUSE TO PAY THAT. I have paid for the *** amount already for this month, but definitely have not and will not pay the $368. I talked to a representative who said they couldnt take it off. Ok if someone can somehow stick the charge on my ***, they sure as s*** can take it off. I want the $368 taken off.

S
S
S. Weimann
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Every since changing from IPL to AES of Indiana, the monthly bills have double and even tripled in some cases. I think this company is ripping not only myself but other families off. An increase is on thing but taking advantage is another.

AES Indiana has left an official reply on this complaint.

AES Indiana IMy name is *** March I'm sending foray mother who is being charge a price at the AES Indiana over charging her on her electric ****

IMy name is *** March I'm sending foray mother who is being charge a price at the AES Indiana over charging her on her electric *** they do this every end of the year make her pay a certain amount all through the year which is the budget but at the end of the year the first of the year that month try to double charge her she was on the budget can I call to check out her account she had been taken off the budget and they also put a extension on her payment I. My brother's pay her bills she also has Alzheimer's an early stage so we take care of her business for her hi my brothers are authorized to do so.I paid them $253.87 for *** they trying to charge her $210.13 Which is not right she is on the budget for the pass 6 years now the office has made these eras & trying to make her pay for their mistake I feel it isn't her fault they made that mistake why should she have to pay. Thank you P.S. I would like to know why this is going on.

Read full review of AES Indiana and 3 comments

3 comments
L
L
L. Frami
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Payment was made through my bank to pay the *** that was due on January 6, 2022. Made the payment through *** pay and this was completed on 12/24. Bank deducted funds from my account and verified payment was processed electronically to AES Indiana. Multiple attempts have been made to provide proof of payment. *** stated they are not the right department but could not give me the correct department as they are all working from home. Proof of payment was given to *** but nothing has been done. A late fee was charged to my account. They did take that off but nothing has been done. Now I have a the charges for the month from Jan-Feb on there is well but the previous payment is still not posted.

E. Jones
Riverside, US

I believe the meters are rigged or improperly working. I purchased a home on December 30th. No one has been living in the home for a couple of months and the only thing on in the home was the furnace to keep the pipes from bursting from the cold. I talked to a couple of the neighbors and they said that their bills were also pretty highly elevated as well. Neighbors said that the meters were changed recently to a digital. The picture attached is a copy of the *** that I requested from them. They have yet to give me an explanation and keep pushing me to pay it.

E. Ruecker
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

My automatic payment was due to come out on 3/21/2022. Instead it came out on 3/18/2022. Causing my account to overdraft. I would of had the money I. There by the time it was due but because they took it early it over-drafted my account.

A

AES Indiana IPL was recently renamed to AES Indiana

IPL was recently renamed to AES Indiana. AES Indiana cashed a check presented to them with my AES account number on the face of it and will not credit my AES account. I have called and sent proof of the paid check. They have not responded. I have uploaded here and in email messages to AES a copy of the front and back of a check cashed by AES Indiana in the amount of $119.84. This check was mailed 03 May and deposited by AES 10 May . The check bears my AES account number *** and my AES account name ***. The AES customer name and account number appear above the written dollar amount on the check near the upper left-hand corner. The back of the check shows deposit into AES PNC bank account ***. I wish AES to credit my account number *** in the amount of the payment $119.84 as of the date of their receipt of this payment 10 May . AES sent several disconnect notices. I called. They said email [protected]@aes.com. I sent emai

Read full review of AES Indiana and 2 comments

2 comments
P. Hyatt
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

On 9/18, I purchased an Energy Star-rated Speed Queen clothes dryer. I applied to AES Indiana's Appliance Rebate program on 10/5 (date of delivery), attaching a copy of the sales invoice and listing the dryer's model and serial numbers. Their rebate website shows a "Rejection Approved" status. I have called multiple times and was told that *** (!) does not show any *** models that qualify. As I have pointed out to them, the federal government certified my model as Energy Star compliant on 5/6; therefore, I do indeed qualify for the $50 rebate that AES Indiana is advertising on its website.

R. Ritchie
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

On 11/18, a drunk driver hit a utility pole (#*** IPL 751) across from my house. IPL came out to do work and said they had to cut the internet line because the pole was destroyed and that I should contact XFINITY to have the line reconnected. However, XFINITY came out and is not able to reconnect the line until the pole is replaced. I have made numerous calls and left numerous messages with IPL to try to get the pole replaced in order to have internet at my house. I was told the pole would be replaced within *** business days of IPL filing the ticket. Business day 10 was Dec 17th. The pole has not been replaced and I am still without internet. I am trying to be patient, but I'm anticipating needing to work from home in the near future and that is not possible without internet access in my home.

AES Indiana has left an official reply on this complaint.

AES Indiana On December 14th the power company had people come to tree trim on our whole fence line

On December 14th the power company had people come to tree trim on our whole fence line. On Wednesday June 30th at 5am our power went out. Power trucks showed up at 11am to fix the problem. They ended up calling a tree removal company. The tree removal came and removed the entire back fence line of trees on our property and then left them there while leaving us a note that its our job to remove the debris. This is completely unacceptable since back in December we told them to trim the trees around the back by the power pole because they were overgrown and they refused. Now we are expected to finish the job that they started back in December and made us lose power for 13 hours. They also chopped a branch and let it fall and break our att internet line. We have called ipl three times and they keep directing us to the mayors action center where we were laughed at and told it is not their problem. We would like vegetation to replace what weve lost and was trimmed and debris removed.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

AES Indiana I just don't understand how IPL is charging me a extra fee for for paying my bill 1 or 2 days late

I just don't understand how IPL is charging me a extra fee for for paying my bill 1 or 2 days late. I've had this problem before and call and asked if my due date could be changed and the answer was no. My billing due date is 5 days before I receive my monthly income. Which leave me no room to be flexible to make a payment on time. I recently called IPL to get my payment amount and to my surprise I had an added fee over 300 dollars. I called customer service and was told it was nothing they can do and asked if I could make arrangements to pay the balance off. I can't afford to pay the original bill because of a decrease in hours at work. During the conversation with customer service rep on the phone I was told that she could change my due date, I'm puzzled because last year I was told that my date couldn't be changed, if I had this option I wouldn't have this problem today. I don't make a lot of money but I try to pay my bills to best of my ability im not trying to avoid paymeni just think the way my date fall i would always be late.

O
AES Indiana has left an official reply on this complaint.

AES Indiana I paid a **** due on 3/15 through my typical way- the *** account/external transfer directly from my bank

I paid a *** due on 3/15 through my typical way- the *** account/external transfer directly from my bank. On 3/16, I received an email saying my check was bad and that I now had to pay $211.31, which was twice the original ***. I called my bank, who had record of all the previous payments, except for the one I paid in March, meaning it never went through. The bank employee also explained that this was not an issue in the banks end as they have no record of a payment ever being submitted. She also explained that an *** account/transfer is NOT a check, so there is no way for it to be bad and since there is no record of a payment ever going through on the banks end, it should have never registered as a payment on the *** side, so should have never been seen as a bad check and I should never have been charged the additional $20 for a check fee. Their business hours are only until 5, and there is no way to file a concern online, but how can I trust this will not happen again. My account is now flagged as being a cash-only account. This is incredibly frustrating

AES Indiana has left an official reply on this complaint.

AES Indiana I have a real issue with AES not following their word or their own **** statements

I have a real issue with AES not following their word or their own *** statements. I received a disconnect notice for not paying my *** on time. The disconnect notice was issued for 11/19 to be disconnected. I get paid on 11/12 so there wasnt going to be any issue for me to pay before that. Ive been struggling right now financially like a lot of Americans right now, and its been tight and I have to pay most of my bills late. When I got home yesterday on 11/10, they had already shut off my power. I feel like this is an infringement on my rights and theyre not working in good faith. I followed my bills and I made a plan to pay before the disconnect notice. I called the line to let them know and their service hours are from 8 to 5 which is awful hours for something like this. I got home at 6 and there wasnt anything that could be done. I had groceries in my fridge that are now bad and I just feel taken advantage of. They wont let me pay the amount that is late *** and are saying that I need to pay the full balance of *** even though their own letter says that I can pay *** by 11/19 to avoid interruption. Any help with getting them to follow their word and to help me pay the part the *** that they said I could pay by 11/19.Thank you.

AES Indiana has left an official reply on this complaint.

AES Indiana I recently moved and I contacted IPL to set up service in my new home

I recently moved and I contacted IPL to set up service in my new home. I just opened my first bill and am STUNNED to see a "deposit charge" of $315! I have not had an account with IPL since probably 2012 before I divorced my husband. I don't believe I had any outstanding balance or anything 8 years ago when I last had an IPL account. I do understand that I don't have much credit history right now, but that is because I save up and pay for the things I want rather than accumulating debt. If anything, this should make me a more desirable customer to IPL. Instead, they're charging me over $300 IN THE MIDDLE OF A GLOBAL PANDEMIC for...what, exactly? Being the kind of person who would rather save up to buy the things she needs rather than charging everything on credit cards? Some lapse in payment or something by my ex-husband, from whom I've been divorced nearly a decade? I have no idea why I'm being assessed this "deposit charge", but I frankly think it's unconscionable for IPL to charge these types of fees when they know that regular citizens (like me) are hurting because of the pandemic and its impact on our economy. I feel I'm being taken advantage of simply because I chose not to accumulate debt in the past several years. IPL is using that as an excuse to charge me hundreds of extra dollars in fees.

E

AES Indiana I've gone through a lot of trouble getting everything on my account set up online to actually be able to pay my utilities through "Kubra EZ-Pay"

I've gone through a lot of trouble getting everything on my account set up online to actually be able to pay my utilities through "Kubra EZ-Pay" and finally got everything set up and had my transactions approved upon submission when I first moved in...Or so I though. Turns out, a little later on they've been listing half of my transactions as being declined and charging a $20 fee for each instance for the past few months adding up to $80 in fines. I am just finding out about this today since I got a text that my bill was due today-Consequently in 4 hours (the first and only time I've ever received an SMS notification from their application). However, This should have already been paid through their automatic payment system as it had been in previous months. I go online to pay my bill manually, but it turns out they've banned my account from using electronic transactions of any kind as a woman in their customer service department had explained to me. I check with my bank to see if any "checks"(as the woman on the phone insisted on calling them) had actually bounced on my account. No such issues have taken place. So, now I am restricted to paying in person and have been charged an extra $80 for errors on their behalf. Not even 5 minutes of research into this company led me to find out that this is a common issue left unresolved. I wanted this fixed and they refuse to even care.

F
AES Indiana has left an official reply on this complaint.

AES Indiana I am filing this complaint on behalf and request of my mother as she is a senior citizen

I am filing this complaint on behalf and request of my mother as she is a senior citizen. AES (formerly IPL) has admitted to incorrectly hooking up a new meter for her power services that should have been hooked up to a neighbor's power source and have also admitted to *** a Social Worker at my mom's doctor's *** they made this error but is charging my mom the money for it and taking it all the way back to 2021. They stated she owes $1701.49 and if she does not pay this then they will shut off her power. Before AES took over IPL my mom's light bills were ALWAYS paid per the billed received. A lady that my *** spoke with verbally admitted to them that AES done it wrong but that my mom will have to pay these charges or they will turn off her electric. To keep the power on they required her to make arrangements. My mom is on Social Security & should NOT be made to pay this when AES (IPL) made the error. *** has been trying to assist my mom as well to keep the electric on and my mom has given permission for Complaintsboard.com to speak to all of us. You may contact her (***) at ***. My mom does not have email and it technology challenged. WE can get all checks submitted for the previous bills to show she paid as IPL had billed her before AES said she has to pay all the meter and back charges. All the documentation we have will not load to the site and we will need time to get check copies from bank

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

AES Indiana Where do I being ,Indianapolis Power & Light Company has over charge me for one, For two I moved to new address, before I moved I ask them what

Where do I being ,Indianapolis Power & Light Company has over charge me for one, For two I moved to new address, before I moved I ask them what was mount owned? Because I wanted fresh start with new house. Since the pandemic I have been paying my bills on time and full mount owned. So that would put me at 0 balance. So I called and told them I want to put change of service in to my new address. I paid $141.29 on 8/14 to IPL! Had my service disconnect at my old house with $0.00 Balance on 8/15, new service turn on at new house 8/16. Lady on phone said you have $0.00 Balance and service will be transfer over. We moved in are new house on the 8/16. Now I just got my first bill at new home. IPL said I own them $272.18 this is disconnect notice! I start to read it, I am getting charge for September bill from old house! The bill say next reading date 9/15 for the old house! So how can you billed someone who has not been there for month and talk to one of IPL people and have power turn off there? When I called ask what the hell going on. Customer service rep said it was past due on old house $139.16 for month of September! Next meter reading was until 9/15! I moved into my new house on 8/16 and had service disconnect there! I was told oh well you have to pay for it! I am single income family with 5kids and wife take care! why should I have to pay for month of light for place I didn't stay at? I feel like been take advantage of because we are still in pandemic! This is called Price Gouging from IPL!

AES Indiana has left an official reply on this complaint.

AES Indiana Someone had called AES to put services in their name under my address

Someone had called AES to put services in their name under my address. I have been at this address since July . The person at AES that took the call did put that person on my address account and then they took my security deposit of $125 and added it with *** and I received a credit with a check they sent me through the mail. I did not authorize that. That person called AES back and said they made a mistake on the billing address (how someone does this I don't know. Your address is on the lease) so they reversed everything now and I have to pay a $125.00 deposit AGAIN! plus they added fees on to my *** to make my *** $454.70. I told them I am willing to pay my electric that is fine but I will not pay the $125.00 deposit again or the fees they have tacked on. This was NOT my fault and I feel I shouldn't have to pay that deposit again. I pay my *** every month and sometimes pay over the amount so I will have a credit on my account. AES said they will not take anything off that I used $125.00 deposit in December *** which I never authorized them to do. I don't feel I am responsible for that mistake someone else made for not looking at the service address to see if there is a move out. If so the electric would have been put in the Apartment Complex address and they will not give you keys until you show them proof you switched it on your name. I am on disability so I only get so much per month and I don't have $464.70. I don't want to make payments until all the fees and the security deposit is taken care of since not my mistake. Please help me get this resolved as they say they can't help me.

AES Indiana has left an official reply on this complaint.

AES Indiana *** Good day, Senator, I'm very disappointed with what this company is getting away with

Good day, Senator, I'm very disappointed with what this company is getting away with. My *** is totally outrageous especially when I didn't have the heat on the coldest days we had in November and December totally not working. I have even turned my head completely off to keep my *** as low as possible. But still, AES is charging a totally unacceptable heating cost. What's even worse is that the customer can't prove or defend themselves because our *** is based only on their tracking method. I even tuned in on channel news 13 "Verify" to see what tips I could get to help lower my ***. Their explanation didn't make sense either. The only thing I got from that is your *** is expected to rise in the winter months. I even got on their budget plan but was told in order to get on the budget I had to pay in full to do so. This is a total justice to a customer in need. I also called AES and told them my furnish isn't working as well as told them to make a note as well as review my meter. I have replaced my heating and cooling system which put me in major debt due to being a single woman with one income and not making as much as my other associates with the same college degree. Also, I have proof of the new installment for my heating and cooling system if you need to review that as well.Today I called to make payment in the amount I was told to make via a representative on March 1st in order to stay in good standing. I did what I was told to do but, MUCH TO MY SURPRISE, I was told I need to pay a balance of $600 dollars. What kind of budget is this?Please note I have attached my *** and payment history, Please if you could help in any way I would greatly appreciate it. Sincerely

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

AES Indiana contacts