Roto Rooter Monroe Louisiana / GROSSLY OVERCHARGED

United States, Louisiana, Monroe Review updated:
Kansas Lane
This company charged my elderly mother $932.28 to install a 40 gallon water heater. The owner of this local franchise was rude and could not offer a reasonable explaination why my mother was not given the standard 1 year warranty on labor and agreed to sent it my mom immediately. We have YET to see it. She also stated that the plumber's rate is $100.00 per hour and the helpers rate is $ 35.00
Along with the ridiculous rate being charged, the plumber charged an ADDITIONAL $ 139.00 to drive 20 miles to pick up the water heater. I have yet to see an itemized statement. I called the local supply house where the water heater was purchased...seems the plumbers price to purchase it is about $125.00 more than mine - and that is without the mark up.

I've been in contact with the local Better Business Bureau who states they have a D- rating on a scale of A-F.
If you need a plumber, please do NOT call Roto Rooter in the NorthEast Louisiana area.

N  7th of Oct, 2009 by
N  7th of Oct, 2009 by
Roto Rooter came out to my house last week and the plumber that came out was very polite, courteous, and thourough with the job that he did. After the job was complete he asked me if I had any questions. If you want a company that has good customer service and people that really care for you, call Roto Rooter. Jen

Roto-Rooter Group Logo Roto-Rooter Group