Ross Dress for Less / dishonest management

I was employed @ the ross on commercial and dixie, off oakland park blvd. My manager went on vacation mrs. J. Martinez. The day before spring break I found out it was spring break so I asked my assistant manager what to do?"She said well do what you have to do" I told her I have always been home with my children so this was never a problem for me.I wrote a letter stating that due to lack of knowledge and having no child care that I will not be able to attend work for the week of spring break and that I apologize for the inconvenience. My assistant manager approved it and I took the week off.When the manager returned from spring break she fired me before spring break was over so I called Mr.Volger from corporate office. He was supposed to Talk to J.Martinez because the assistant manager told the manager that she approved the week of spring break but j. martinez fired me even after hearing the truth. I wanted justice for her unprofessional actions. Mr.Volger never called back!I saw a ex-coworked who informed me of a number to call the complaint on no-good managers, so I called a young lady named Beth, she too has never called me back! So I decided until I can get a new job I would file for unemployment,so I did. Today I get a letter in the mail stating that I did not have proper authorization for an absence(this is a lie!!!) so they denied me. I want to fight this how can I get help for this situation FAST, because J.Martinez is lieing and J.Williams told her the truth in my presents and now she has LIED to government. This has got to be illegal and I need a professional to help me on this discredit of an honest persons characteristics and honor that is undeserved based on some womens spiteful, disrespectful and unprofessional character!I need HELP ME HOWARD!

Tanishabachan@yahoo.com

Comments

• Ni
      24th of Oct, 2007

The store needs better employees the hire allot of customer service workers that speak very little or no English I was an employee there and I was one of the very few who can speak English It really ticked me off one day and quit because they kept having meetings in Spanish and I did not know what they were talking about and they had there nerve to ask me to at least pay attention I told them I didn't understand and they should speak in English.

• E
      5th of Nov, 2007

I'm currently employed at a Ross store and yes, they really need to stop being so dishonest. One of my managers had made a racism comment towards me, which I will be reporting to HR, however from reading your complaint I have no hope that it will even go through to them.

I agree with Nicole that they need to hire people who know how to speak the English language, instead of hiring people who only know how to speak Spanish; it's very difficult and I can't even communicate with the co-workers because like 70% of them know only Spanish...

• Fr
      18th of Nov, 2007

Re: firing. Did you make a copy of the letter ? Did you get the approval in writing? If so, then those are your proofs to unemployment, otherwise its your word against their word. And no, its not right.

Fran

12th of Jan, 2008

Im sorry to hear all of this but never work @ Walmart either that place is alot of ###.
    Im part of that wage lawsuit they have against Walmart. You should look @ suing Ross and file and agreevince against Ross. Go to your local labor industrial. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!!

• Fr
      9th of May, 2008

Find someone at you local unemployment that you can talk to. My friend was fired from Wal-Mart a year ago and was initially denied unemployment. But she re-applied and talked to someone there and the second time around she got her due.

• Bj
      21st of Jul, 2009

I am a Ross employee at anew store that has only been open for a year and a half.I recently got a yearly review for a first time raise since time of hire which has been from the beginning.To my surprise due to the minimum wage increase i only got 3 cents higher than a new hire because Ross chose to give raises before the increase.I am a dedicated employee who never calls in and is always willing to stay over when needed.I feel as if my dedication has gone unnoticed.