Ross / Unreasonable people always has the first LOUD word

I took my 4-yr old daughter to do some shopping at Ross (333 Ward Ave., Honolulu, HI 96814) on 10/21/06. She found a Winnie the Pooh chair/table set to be very cute. The set is approximately 3 x 3, and weights 25 pounds. Anyway, it is both bulky and heavy esp. when you have to take care of a little kid, and I am barely make 5 ft. After I struggled to slide the set on the shopping cart bottom, and went to the cashier; The cashier (associate #432577) stated that she could not scan the set because the way the set was in the cart. I asked if she could help to move it up to inside the cart so that I could pushed it to the parking lot, where my car was.

She said:" you can do it. Just bring it up!"

I said:" I can't do it, can you help?" Note: I am a person who doesn't ask for help al least I really need it. I happen to have weak wrist that I should not carry heavy items.

Unwillingly and with a long face, she finally move her body and came around to my cart, and dump the set flat on top of the cart.

I said" " I needed it inside the cart safely so that I can take it to the parking lot."

She ignored me.

I managed to move it inside the cart. Pls note that by putting the set flat on top of the cart, the set could fall down and hit anybody who might walk by. Do not forget that the top of the cart goes downward. I asked her if she could put the set inside the cart. Then she turned out to be very upset and angry.

"You can't take the cart to the parking lot! She raised her voice:" I can't scan the box now"

Well, I didn't know that. I moved the box and dumped it on the counter and returned the shopping cart to where it belonged.

When I was signing the sale slip, I dropped my credit card on the counter when she asked to see it.

She was telling me that I was throwing things around, and called Chris, manager on duty for attention. She told Chris that I was throwing things around.

I was totally caught off guarded for her to say that. I guess the unreasonable people always has the first LOUD word.

"I did not!" I replied.

"yes, you did. We have a video camera." She answered confidently.

I told the manager what happened but he didn't say a word.

I dragged the set to my car and came back to say to the manager:" I haven't started complaining about yet, but she had to complain about me first. This is another thing I am not happy about."

"I know." Chris said.

How to fix the problem? Fire her, and a $50 gift cert.

Ar

Comments

• Bu
      1st of Jun, 2007

Everyone should do what you say... you have baby. Not by choice... you just have one, you chose to take shopping with you. I would suggest a more expensive retailer for the service you deserve.