Rogers Canada / worst customer service ever

1 Canada Review updated:

Long story short;

The customer service reps at Rogers Canada~who, on account of the building I live in HAVE to be my service provider~may be the most indept people in the world.

First they forgot to mention that I had to call to cancel my 2 month FREE TRIAL one month ahead (in fact, they explicitely told me that I would be contacted at the end of two months to amend my plan).

Then I spent a FULL WEEK trying to get a hold of them (after seeing it on my bill that I was being charged, a week ahead of time, for the next (3rd) month at the FULL cost of the trial services), including getting the customer-service pass around, leaving unreturned phone calls, and sending emails.

I FINALLY get a hold of someone and spend 2.5 hours on the phone with them trying to figure out my service plan, during which they intentionally misled me as to the price that I would be paying, stating that a 'free channel theme pack' was included with the basic cable package).

I discovered their misinformation (and this is putting it lightly) because a week later I had to call back because the "free theme pack" was NOT included (which means I couldn't watch the NEWS as I had specifically indicated was the whole purpose for me having a TV), but CNN which they told me was IMPOSSSIBLE to get without VIP cable was --surprise surprise!!--the only channel above 30 left on my TV. Upon this next drawn-out conversation, I was essentially told that I was making things up (RIGHT, becasue $4.99 a month is REALLLLY worth me taking hours out of my life to bicker over), and given more generic corporate ###.

The offered me a PALTRY compensation ~ not even equivalant to what I make an hour ~ for the 'confusion (on my behalf, apparently, although I work in marketing at an IT firm and graduated with honours from the best University in Canada lat year), and sent me on my way.

And to my responses, simply more ###. The incompetence and underhandedness of Rogers Canada is making me envy the technologically-unhampered Amish. IF you have any choice at all, NEVER SUBSCRIBE TO ROGERS services. They will [censored] you over too.

EJ.B

Ej

Comments

• Ak
      18th of Apr, 2011

I have to agree, acting on behalf of several commercial accounts using Rogers for all of the services. Rogers do not care about their customers at all, residential or commercial. I have found them to be the second worst company in Canada to date. If you have an option take the other, if you dont, make sure all agreements are in writing.

• Ra
      24th of Apr, 2011

I agree with the complaints that I have read regarding Rogers. I had a very frustrating and upsetting experience not many months ago when I recevied a call telling me that my credit card wasn't valid. I had received a new card from my credit card compnay recently. I tried to change my credit information on the Rogers Web site but continually got " site is not working" messages. I called the customer service number to clear up the confusion but received arrogant and abusive teatment. It took several phone calls and much frustration before they understood I was not trying to "scam them". In the end I had to pay a double payment and listen to more BS than anyone should have had to endure. I am a 30+ year customer for my TV and INTERNET service. Have never missed a payment. Did that matter ... NO!!!