Rock Insurance

England, Buckinghamshire
United Kingdom
AVOID POLICIES FROM ROCK INSURANCE
AVOID TRAVEL POLICIES FROM INSUREFOR.COM

Poor substandard service, will cause obsticles in order to avoid paying out. Untrustworthy. Never receives documents at first post. Does not aknowledge your letters or your claim form. Very poor communication, not interested in claimants.
I suggest avoid purchasing any kind of insurance from Rockinsurance.
Complaint comments Comments (11)    Updated: Complaint country United Kingdom Complaint category Travel & Vacations
More Rock Insurance Complaints & Reviews
Rock Insurance - Claims

Comments

A  6th of May, 2014 by    0 Votes
Yes avoid like the plague.
### company also sold as Diamond be aware
you have been warned
A  29th of Oct, 2014 by    0 Votes
Went on holiday last week to Gran Canaria, needed to make a claim so rang the international line NO answer after 16 minutes so reluctantly left a message with ALL details including my phone number.
Never got a reply, made a compliant when we got home and now 8 days later have still not had any communication.
DO NOT USE this company!!
A  1st of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
I used Insurefor.com, a brand of Rock Insurance, for a skiing holiday over Christmas. I damaged a pair of hire skis and after an excess could claim back about £30 on travel insurance. This was a trivial amount, but thought I would make a claim to test the claims procedure for future business. Two months later after online requests, phone calls and a number of emails I still haven't yet even got a claims form. Weirdly, I contact people and they seem very reasonable and promise to send a claim form, but nothing ever happens. I suggest, that if this is a legitimate company, they are incredibly disorganised and as such not much use as an insurance company.
N  4th of Oct, 2015 by    0 Votes
Totally agree with all of the complaints about Rock Insurance. I've sent 3 emails to their admin address concerning details about my policy and haven't even had the courtesy of a reply. They should be closed down!
N  11th of Jun, 2016 by    +1 Votes
Really really disappointed with Rock for not honouring my claim for medical bills in America which are going to financially wipe me out. All over one mis-fired e-mail that they sent me 4 days before my policy expired that I didn't get. No letter, no phone call, no responsibility or customer care. And this after a number of years of loyalty!
N  24th of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
people you need to stay away from these scammers, , they wont pay you out a dime, , they are truly ignoring complaints, ignoring claims, , as you know to obtain a crime ref number its down to the insurrs to seek it, , with rock they want you to produce this, but police wont release it, leaving rock to skip happily all the way to the bank, AFTER ROBBING YOU
N  24th of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
more to follow regarding this company
A  14th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
Agree with the other comments. Rock / their claim agents are a bunch of crooks who will use everything possible to delay a claim and pay out. Lookout for Jet2 as they use them for their insurance policies. Buy elsewhere!!
N  4th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
Rock insurance

I had the misfortune to insure with ROCK.
I had a problem on holiday and needs to extend my insurance by one day due to a fire closing the motorway.
I had to buy new flights which was already both costly and stressful.
Rock refused to extend the insurance by 24 hrs and instead very curtly suggested that I drive the car to the air port when the road opened and then sleep in the airport until my flight the next evening.
I asked to speak to the manager and was told he was busy. After insisting and arguing about my rights, I was told that he would call me back.
The call never materialised. On my return to the uk. I complained about the manager and was told that the director would call me or write and that his name was... Yes...the same person I wished to complain about.
Obviously, a letter duly arrived and yes, you guessed it... No chance of any recompense . I am now taking it to the ombudsman and trading standards.
N  12th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
Being a victim of the Monarch collapse my package holiday was protected ATOL do not refund insurance premiums. Was advised to contact insurance to be reimbursed. They are refusing to pay me the premium. Offered me to change details not a chance would I recommend are use this company. I had the holiday booked from December 2016. They are rude and will be taking further. AVOID THIS COMPANY SPREAD THE WORD.
N  24th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
We had to cancel our holiday 6 weeks ago for very clear cut and unequivocal medical reasons
Rock Insurance have been very obstructive.
When asked when our claim would be settled, I was told it would be a few days. When I questioned the Spanish call handler further, she told me it could be a week. Later in the conversation, she said it could me more than a week, then she told me it could be three weeks, then she said she couldn't tell me how long it would take. When I asked if I could speak to her supervisor, she said "no, it's not possible." When I asked her why it wasn't possible she told me it wasn't allowed.
She said that today they were answering emails from 26th September (4weeks ago). I have already emailed their complaints department- no doubt that will be ignored too.
One final thing: we have to pay an excess of £175 each for the cancellation of the holiday. It would have been much more cost effective to take out a more expensive policy with a lower excess. Never again will I buy insurance from the airline- you may as well not have any!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree