RMCB - Retrieval Masters Creditors Bureau / This so-called collections company is a rip-off

It is a rip-off, I swear that they are run by scam artists. I started recieving their 'bills' AFTER I started making payments to the creditor that I owe. I sent in a letter to the RMCB and stated it was resolved. Now i keep on getting bills, first saying that I was lucky that the creditor has granted the authority to extend the deadline. Then they keep getting nastier as teh bills come in. Never paying attention to detail, or that it has been resolved with out the RMCB.

Stay away from this company, if you are a business, never contact them, they rip people off and are pros at it. This is a Scam and a bait and switch. It has to be, because i was already in contact with my creditor about payments and delaying them. ie - I had already set up a schedule with them.

I'm figuring that This company somehow gets information from whatever sources they have, internet, snail mail, phishing the phone lines, hacking emails whatever. I wouldnt put it past them. They will get their money no matter what. If you already paid the creditor or not, they will get THEIR money. They dont care!

STAY AWAY!!!

ALL BUSINESSES STAY AWAY FROM THE RMCB, THERE ARE BETTER COLLECTION AGENCIES OUT THERE.

Comments

• La
      30th of Oct, 2007

Yea, they did the same to me, You know what they do right, they let you call the automated service and let you enter the pin on the letter, which lets them know who you are. Afterwards you get a message saying that their service is temporarily unavailable, then it asks you if you want to wait for a customer rep, which never comes in, so you've been waiting the whole time for nothing, and now they know you want to contact them regarding your debt because you entered your pin which gives you away, and now they will push forward and send you even more bills by mail. "SCAM ARTIST".

• Re
      25th of Dec, 2007

I got a letter from these people too saying that I owed 33.90 for an account I had with Jamestown Stamp Co. The company send collecting stamps and let you view and decide if you want to purchase them. Granted that it was a little while before I sent them back and maybe a little over the time I had to send them back because I forgot where I put them but I DID send time back. So I shouldn't no owe ANYTHING. After reading these comments I am thinking that they are a ripoff company too but I am going to call the stamp company and figure out whats going on.