Rite Aid Corporation / rip off
Rite Aid offered a rebate for an item that the store was out of. The store manager issued a rain check for the item and stated the store would honor the rebate even though the item would not come in until after the rebate period ended. I obtained the item two weeks later at the rain check price and was told I had to return on a weekday for the clerk to fax the rebate request, which I did.
A week afterward the fax was sent, I received an email stating Rite Aid would not honor the rebate as it did not state 'rain check' on the receipt, although the receipt showed the item was purchased at the 'rain check' price and the rebate item number was indicated. The email stated I needed to re-fax the receipt indicating 'rain check' on the receipt and also said I could not reply to the email, but had to post a dispute on their website.
I posted three disputes on their website stating the Rite Aid Store had faxed the receipt to them and so I should not have to do anything further to receive the rebate check. I received two replies insisting I re-fax the receipt, even though I indicated I'm snowed in and their store originally faxed the receipt.
I believe this is a ripoff as I was told their store would take care of faxing the receipt and I would get a rebate check for the item obtained at the rain check price. Their customer service emails repeatedly refused to acknowledge that their store followed their procedure incorrectly and issue my rebate check. I think their policy must be to make people jump through so many hoops that they never have to issue a rebate. They should not be allowed to advertise and continue this program as it's a fraud. Thank you for providing a forum for people to report these ripoffs!
More Rite Aid Corporation Complaints & Reviews
- Rite Aid - employee mistreatment/slander 
- Rite Aid - horrible customer service 
- Rite Aid - terrible customer service! 
- Rite Aid Pharmacy - prescription shortage 
- Rite Aid Pharmacy - &lost& prescription 
- Rite Aid Corporation - pharmacist
- Rite Aid Corporation - bad judement by manager and cashier at rite aid doylestown in acme shopping center 
- Rite Aid - customer service
- Rite Aid Pharmacy - an employer who is on the cash register on august 16th @ 6.59 pm.. 
- Rite Aid - very poor customer service "continually"