Retro Fitness / cancellation and contract policy
Compared with many gyms, Retro Fitness does not give their consumers physical copies of their contracts. It was emailed to them. There is not even a place where the consumer was asked to put an X to say I accept in the computer. They were not also counseled about their ABSOLUTELY NO-CANCELLATION (which should have stipulated that the contract is for life) terms. NOTE: this is also contradictory because if you cannot cancel, then why are they fining you a hefty fee when you want to cancel. If you take a look at other gym contracts, they put the actual amount on the page with the client's signature. RETRO FITNESS must not have asked a good lawyer to draft their contract. They probably thought they can get away with it.
Here are places who will welcome your complains to fine them and sent to prison: 1. Department of Law and Public Safety
Division of Consumer Affairs in YOUR STATE
2. Office of The Attorney General in your state
3. your local news
4. Federal Trade Commission
Bureau of Consumer Protection
600 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20580
If you have the chance there are more agencies where you can report them. Good luck.
More Retro Fitness Complaints & Reviews
- Retro Fitness - membership cancelation hoops 
- [Resolved] ABC Finacial / Retro Fitness - scam and fraud tactics to get fees 
- Retro Fitness - cancelation 
- Retro Fitness - 60 days cancel
- EFT group in Retro Fitness center - cheated me with money 
- Retro Fitness - keep charging me after cancellation. thieves!
- Retro Fitness/ABC Financial - gym cancellation
- Retro Fitness - membership cancellation issue 
- Retro Fitness - personal training
- Retro Fitness - how to get out of a 2 year contract